- Located at Belmont Head Office | Onsite parking
- Newley created role |Travel required to all Baptistcare sites within WA
- Salary Packaging (claim up to $18,550 tax free of your salary)
Why join us?
- First class training and development opportunities
- Discounts on health insurance through HBF or Medibank
- Discounts on banking products through Bankwest
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts at JB HI-FI & The Good Guys
- Salary Packaging (up to $18,550 tax free) to all eligible employees
- Accommodation discounts at Seashells Hospitality Group
- Access to our Wellness Program
- A fantastic team environment
- Values based organisation
- Chance to give back! Provide care to older Western Australians
About your new role:
You will be leading continuous improvement, implementation, maintenance, and oversight of Baptistcare’s work health and safety system ensuring we are compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements.
Working in partnership with internal stakeholders, this role creates a solution orientated approach to implementing and maintaining systems and initiatives to cultivate a positive health and safety culture within the organisation.
- Lead the development, maintenance, improvement and communication of Baptistcare’s organisation-wide Work Health and Safety systems and strategic initiatives
- Provide specialist advise and support to ensure all WHS issues are resolved
- Ensure the WHS system is being used effectively by providing education and support to the wider business
- Work with our leaders to assist with workplace inspections and audits to minimise risks
- Assist with developing education and training frameworks that support our quality and safety objectives, meet identified training requirements and any legislative obligations
- Lead investigations into workplace incidents based on analysis of risk
- Coach leaders on investigations on workplace incidents
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience and knowledge of WHS legislation and regulation, strategies and frameworks
- Highly developed analytical and evaluation skills, including the ability to provide effective high-level innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, with a proven capacity to negotiate and achieve positive resolution from a variety of stakeholders in potentially challenging circumstances
- Bankruptcy Register Clearance
- Ability to pass a National Police Check
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of Influenza & Covid-19 Vaccination
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medial
Baptistcare are one of WA's largest not-for-profit providers supporting residential care, home care services and retirement living in both metro and regional locations. We focus on empowering our customers to maintain homely comforts and community connection by providing care with compassion, integrity, and dignity.
Our focus is not limited to our clients, but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you to achieve a fulfilling career with first class training and development opportunities.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is valued. The more diversity we have, the more unique perspectives and creative ideas we share. Therefore, we embrace people of different age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Michelle at email@example.com using the subject line: Safety Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs. Please note that we do not accept applications to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.