Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative provides a range of health, wellbeing and family and community services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members on Dja Dja Wurrung Country.
BDAC delivers sessional three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten during Victorian school terms.
The Kindergarten is onsite at BDAC in a brand new purpose built facility.
This exciting new role will manage the BDAC Kindergarten to foster a learning environment that engages Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal children and provide them with a positive start to their education in a culturally safe environment.
This role will manage and mentor a dedicated group of early education teachers and oversee all operational requirements of running a Kindergarten, with support from BDAC Corporate Services.
This role encompasses the duties of:
- Nominated Supervisor
- Educational Leader
- Teacher in the Kindergarten Program (as required)
What we are offering
- Competitive salary (commensurate with skills and qualifications)
- Full Time, 38hrs (Mon- Fri)
- 2 Year Contract (extension possible)
- Access to Salary Packaging and other benefits
- 10.0% Superannuation
- To be a part of a great work culture
Just some of the Key Responsibilities
This includes responsibility for:
- Oversee and manage teaching staff and all other resources
- Manage the kindergarten regulatory framework including accreditation against the National Quality Framework (NQF), and relevant standards, legislation and regulations.
- Proactively manages Government funding applications and agreements.
- Oversight of accreditation and quality standards, health and safety, risk management, and managing funding agreements and budgets, with support from BDAC Corporate Services
- Work with BDAC Corporate Services in relation to budgets, enrolment, compliance and other areas as required and report regularly to the Executive Management Team on the operations of the Kindergarten.
- Understand and manage budgets and financial reporting for the Kindergarten.
- Required to fulfil the obligations as set out in the National Law and National Regulations.
As nominated supervisor, this role is responsible for:
- Educational programs
- Supervision and safety of children
- Entry to and exit from the premises
- Sleep and Rest
- Administration of medication
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum:
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture (highly regarded)
- Experience obtaining and maintaining accreditation under the National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Registration or permission to teach from the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Previous experience in the Early Childhood sector (preferred 3 years + experience)
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate and Anaphylaxis Management Certificate or willing to obtain
- Knowledge of National Regulations, NQF, VEYLD and EYLF
- Complete and Pass a Criminal Police Check
- Provide a copy of your Working with Children's Check
- Have a right to work in Australia
- Must Pass provide at least 2 employment reference checks
- Must complete and Pass the ACECQA Declaration of Fitness and Propriety
- Must accept role of Nominated Supervisor
- Must have or willing to obtain a First Aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and Asthma management training
- Must be Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (Govt mandatory requirement)
For more information about this position please see the Position Description or contact our human resources team on (03) 5442 4947 or send an email through to email@example.com using the subject line: Kindergarten Director - North Bendigo enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Interviews will be taking place as applications are received.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants need not to apply.