- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award 2010
- Full Time, Fixed Term (12 months) Possibility of Extension
- $32.54 per hour
- Access to Salary Packaging plus 10.0% Superannuation
The Kinship Reunification Response Practitioner will work with Aboriginal children in Out of Home Care kinship placements, where the case planning direction is reunification. The work will be focused on facilitating reunifications, building on and strengthening connections with the child’s family, community, land and culture.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Support individuals and families wanting to make positive lifestyle changes.
- Identifying and strengthening connections with the child’s family, community, land and culture.
- To participate in the development of comprehensive family plans in-line with the Reunification program objectives.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Sound knowledge of local issues and needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Knowledge of family connections and how the dynamics of the Family linkages connect within the local community.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children, young people and families’ already in contact with Child Protection services.
- Ability to transport families, conduct home visits and willingness to travel for training.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity of engage families, elders and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Local community in a collaborative planning process.
- Demonstrated experience of working in and with Aboriginal communities.
- Ability to prepare briefs, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language. Ensure written communications contain necessary information to achieve their purpose.
- Mandatory Social Work Degree or Similar with a focus on child development, human behaviour, family dynamics and/or impacts of trauma
For more information about the position, please contact the Human Resource Team via firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Kinship Reunification Response Practitioner - Bendigo enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone 03 5442 4947.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.