- Become a part of a team that is devoted to making the world a healthier place
- Deliver the roll out of Black Dog Institutes 5 year organisational strategy
- Full time position until July 2022
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
This role will support the successful delivery of organisational change and the roll out of Black Dog Institute’s new 5-year Future Focus organisational strategy. the purpose of the role is to design, produce and implement change communications to assist staff and management to adopt new ways of working, aligned with the new 5-year strategic plan.
Working collaboratively with the Senior Change Management Consultant, Internal Communications Manager (responsible for IC platforms and systems), Director of People and Culture, Director of Marketing and Communications and the Executive Leadership Team, this role works at both strategic and operational levels to bring clarity and transparency to organisational and department change, helping to ensure organisational changes are explained, understood and adopted.
- Development and delivery of change communications plans including developing messaging, content and delivering tactics to communicate significant and strategic organisational changes.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to develop and implement change communications programs aligned to the priorities of the Future Focus Strategy, the 12-month Operational Plan, the Behaviours Framework (Ways We Work) and Research Translation Framework.
- Support and work within the internal communications framework (in collaboration with the relevant Corporate Communications and People and Culture team members) to plan, create and deliver clear, concise and engaging change communications.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Be the key communications contact for change projects, building strong relationships with project teams and business stakeholders.
- Maintain a productive and collaborative working relationship with People and Culture, and the Change Management Consultant.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office on major change programs.
- Collaborate and maintain a seamless, productive and collegial working relationship with the Internal Communications Manager and IC Program Manager who manage Internal Communications responsible for systems and platforms.
- Milestone reporting across all activity against agreed KPIs.
- Key participant in key milestone and end of project retrospectives.
- Relevant administration related to the role such as meeting minutes, budget tracking, attending marketing and communications team meetings.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Qualifications (such as PROSCI) or other certifications in change management or similar.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in change communications including creating, owning and delivering change communication plans and activities.
- Previous experience working with executive and/or C-suite level stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and interpersonal skills with the ability to positively influence outcomes and develop and maintain productive working relationships.
- Proactive, organised, solution-focused approach to working in a flexible and adaptable developing change environment.
- Experience working with change with academics, scientists, or professionals in mid-sized organisations (200+ staff).
- Experience in implementing change communications programs while working with flexible teams, where team members may Work From Home regularly or have variable arrangements.
Please apply via clicking Apply Now with your resume and cover letter addressing your interest in Black Dog Institute and the NFP sector. Candidates who apply via email will not be considered.
The Black Dog Institute is an EEO Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and encouraged to apply.