Beam is proud to be partnering with First Australian Capital to find amazing talent for this fabulous role!
We only work on flexible, career-worthy jobs and believe this one is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Investment Analyst who is looking for a new challenge within a purpose-led organisation.
Apply directly by clicking Apply Now.
This is what First Australian Capital has to say about the role…
Key behavioUrs and values
First Australians Capital believe in a more just and prosperous Australia. These values underpin how we behave, why we do what we do, who we are today and where we want to be tomorrow. Each value builds to our aspiration of a better tomorrow.
Through curiosity, optimism, entrepreneurial spirit and community we create a culture where ideas flourish we work together to create a new economy driven by First Australians.
- Curiosity – We live our lives curiously and encourage others to do the same
- Optimism – We’re a determined bunch, optimistic about our future and that of next generations
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Knowing a good idea and having the guts to run with it is what we are all about
- Community – Community spirit and a collaborative approach is at the heart of what we do
Our Mission is to invest in Indigenous economic independence by linking 60,000 plus years of Indigenous business experience with the modern marketplace. We believe that Indigenous businesses can contribute enormously to build a new economy for all Australians.
We are looking to expand our talented team with a dynamic and engaging Senior Investment Analyst who has strong experience in a growth organisation and ability to lead a team!
As a Senior Investment Analyst, you will work as part of the FAC Impact Capital team to ensure that a continued deal flow of investments are generated and put forward to the FAC Impact Capital Investment Committee.
We need someone who is able to manage deals end-to-end from deal origination to analysis and proposal development, but also has a start-up roll up sleeves mentality and can work at a fast pace.
You will be curious, entrepreneurial, and open to applying your solid financial analysis with skills in either venture capital, credit or structured finance to help unlock new products and capital to support the Indigenous business sector.
Your mandate will be across:
- Prepare in-depth financial analysis on a range of potential investment options (including loan finance, patient capital, equity investments or available industry grants)
- Prepare proposals, collate information, prepare presentations and reports to the FAC Impact Capital Investment Committee and Credit Committee
- Seek out and establish relationships with lenders who can provide capital to the ventures we support.
- Assist with monitoring and analysis of financial and social return performance of investments
- Support project development and working closely with the team on new investment opportunities including the development of a fund and industry verticals
- Work with FAC Business Advisors to assess possible deals for eligibility for bank loans.
- You will have 2 Direct reports
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the Organisation’s mission and growth plans.
- Support FAC executives in other areas of investment management from time to time, as required.
- Support and develop the whole team, and grow a finance team in the future with effective management.
Our dream person
- Curious, entrepreneurial, and openness to translate your skills and use financial tools to help unlock new products and capital to support the Indigenous business sector
- Motivated, collaborative at heart and ability to work as part of a small team in a start up environment, with a sense of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work well under deadlines, willingness to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and working independently
- Strong financial analysis skills including building and interpreting financial statements, capable of interrogating data and financial outcomes
- Inquisitive approach to not only identify problems but potential solutions in a commercial context
- Ability to demonstrate proactive engagement with other team members and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- A working knowledge of small businesses such as book keeping, in particular cash flow, finance applications and other operational issues that they encounter
- An undergraduate and/or post grad qualification in business, commerce, law, economics, accounting or engineering along with a strong background in financial modelling
- At least 5-7 years’ of experience in a generalist investment, professional services, corporate finance, banking or advisory background,
- Some experience from the big 4 preferred
- Start-up / high growth venture experience is preferred
- A demonstration of your commitment to social impact will be meaningful
- Undergraduate and/or post grad qualification in business, commerce, law, economics, accounting or engineering. Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
What’s the deal?
- Hours: at least 4 days (will consider both Part-time and Full-time applicants)
- Location: Ideally, you’ll be able to work from our Newcastle HQ. But, we have offices in both Brisbane and Melbourne if those suit better.
- We are working in a hybrid environment – both in-office and WFH with a min of 2-3 days in the office. We are open to discussing how this works for you – let’s chat!
- Salary: commensurate with experience – up to a maximum Full Time Equivalent package of $150k, inclusive of super. This would be pro-rated to part-time hours if that’s what’s agreed.
- Benefits: You can access the highest level of salary sacrificing at the FAC, up to $16k per year (which is not prorated); plus a $5k meal and entertainment card (also not prorated). Because we are a public benevolent organisation, salary sacrificing can include your mortgage, car and computer equipment for example.
- Starting: We’d love you to start asap.
More on Salary Packaging
As a registered charity with PBI status, First Australians Capital is able to offer employees the option to salary package a portion of their wages.
You may choose to package a range of items, such as your mortgage, rent, school tuition fees, private health insurance or even a personal loan repayment, or everyday living expenses including groceries, clothing and utility bills.
You can package up to the allowable maximum of $15,900 each FBT year.
If you choose to package your salary (it is an option) money is deducted from your salary pre-tax. You pay tax only on the remaining portion of your salary not the salary packaged money, significantly reducing the income tax you pay.