- Newly created role working as part of a collaborative executive team
- Relocate to Darwin for this opportunity to grow your career
- Lead and develop a small team of managers, growing capacity and developing opportunities across the organisational services
As General Manager, you will provide strategic leadership, excellence in service management and delivery across the organisations. The role is pivotal in ensuring an integrated and collaborative approach to services delivery across Supported Independent Living, ShortTerm/Medium Term Accommodation, emergency and respite options and independent living skill development (day program) activities
A bit more about the role:
- Grow and adapt models of support to ensure contemporary, person-centred, and innovative services.
- Responsibility for the leadership and management of a cohesive independent living service across program areas.
- Engage across the organisation to ensure appropriate service development and management.
- Provide strategic advice, and leadership of services, maximising efficiency and effectiveness use of resource, while seeking and developing new growth opportunities
- Responsible for the oversight of budgets and use/allocation of funding supports across multiple programs and services within the organisation.
- Represents the organisation as a senior key initial contact for external stakeholders including the NDIS, NDIA, Office of the Public Guardian, Coordinators of Supports (and others) in relation to participants accessing services.
- Responsible for risk management and reporting to the CEO on areas of concern and mitigations within independent living services.
- Oversee all compliance and quality activities within the program area to ensure a high level of service is provided and registration as a Disability Service Provider is maintained.
A bit about you:
To have success in the role you will be an accomplished leader, with a drive for growing and improving service delivery. You will be strategically focused as well as being able to execute things at the operational level. You will also have
- Tertiary level qualifications (Disability/Nursing/Allied Health) or other discipline relevant to community or humans services
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, including well developed negotiation, conflict management and resolution.
- Significant experience leading and managing a large and geographically dispersed workforce in a motivational and collaborative style
- Comprehensive knowledge of the disability sector, the NDIS the NDIA and the Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements for registered service providers
- Demonstrated business acumen including financial management, budgeting and governance experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing critical incidents and associated risk management practice and work health and safety requirements according to legislation.
- High level of judgement and reasoning, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hold an unrestricted NT driver's license, as well as being open to undergo pre-employment checks including CurrentOchreCard,CriminalHistoryCheck, and a NDISWorkerScreening
What’s in it for you?
- Work as part of a dynamic and thriving team in Darwin, NT
- Attractive and negotiable salary on offer with NFP salary packaging benefits- call for a confidential discussion
- 3 year fixed term, full time contract, with the possibility for extension
- Close-knit and supportive organisation committed to growth and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional development potentials.
What to do next...
Apply today by submitting your resume along with a short cover letter expressing your interest in the role. For more information, please get in touch with Chloe Barton on 04 2616 1985 or email email@example.com using the subject line: General Manager - Disability Services enquiry via EthicalJobs.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.