- One of Australia’s leading children’s charities
- Strategic leadership and management of a Major Gifts team
- Flexible hybrid working with offices across Sydney
About the Role
A brand new strategic leadership opportunity. This position is integral in the goal of growing relationships with individual donors in the years ahead. The Major Gifts Manager will have the responsibility to increase a program that currently raises more than $5million a year.
Reporting to the Head of the department, this opportunity will formalise, develop and implement a sustainable major giving program for the Foundation and lead and inspire the Major Donor team of Fundraisers.
The program has huge opportunity for growth with large numbers of existing and potential major donor partners. The position will focus on identifying philanthropic partners, income generation, donor engagement, team development and helping partners receive a suitable and consistent level of recognition.
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor team members, with clear goals and metrics for each member, addressing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of assigned prospects
- Develop and execute a comprehensive program to engage and secure major gift ($50k+) commitments
- Establish a strategy to advance potential donors through the relationship development process
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of major giving prospective and current donors at the $100,000+ level
- Develop and execute an annual solicitation plan for submitted proposals and gift closures providing gift projections of commitments
- Develop and deliver on funding proposals for major gifts and help the Major Gifts team develop funding proposals
- Build relationships with clinicians and researchers to maximise donor engagement and communicate confidently, respectfully and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including senior management, high-capacity donors, family members, other staff and Patrons/Ambassadors/celebrities
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated high level application of fundraising principles, techniques and strategies, in a similar role in fundraising, including a proven history of closing major gifts (over $100K)
- Experience devising and managing fundraising programs, preferably within complex organisations
- Proven ability to plan, develop, deliver and monitor large projects with evidenced success in achieving agreed outcomes and timelines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive and develop trust
- Demonstrated ability in managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders across all levels and from varying backgrounds
- High level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write high quality cases for support/proposals and make engaging presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and to collaborate across teams to achieve enhanced outcomes
- Previous people management experience with the ability to inspire and develop Fundraisers
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Major Gifts Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.