- Find meaningful work in a team passionate about human rights and improving the mental health system
- Be key administrative support for an innovative education program
- 12-month contract role in Woolloomooloo, full-time position
BEING – Mental Health Consumers is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people living with mental health issues are heard by decision-makers, service providers, and the community, and have an opportunity to lead and influence systemic change in services and systems.
BEING – Mental Health Consumers is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity and believes that recovery is possible for all people who live with mental health issues and emotional distress.
BEING Leadership Academy is a new and innovative consumer-led program providing training and mentoring resources specifically tailored to the needs of people living with mental health issues, family and carers, and the broader community.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Administration Officer will be the first port of call for the BEING Leadership Academy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the BEING Leadership Academy including responding to emails, phone calls and other pathways of program communications.
- Provide administrative support to internal meetings and co-design committees (development and circulation of agendas and minutes)
- Maintain the BEING Leadership Academy enrolment system – and manage documentation, record management systems and process payments for all courses and workshops
- Assist and support learners of the program to navigate enrolment and online courses
- Book events, catering as need be for the BEING Leadership Academy’s courses, workshops and meetings
- Assist the BEING Leadership Academy team with ad hoc admin support as required
To be successful you will have:
A can-do attitude, and be comfortable working in a small team and a dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
- Qualifications in Business Administration and proven work experience in a similar role or environment
- Intermediate – Advanced skills in the Microsoft suite, be tech-savvy with database and records management and understanding of data privacy and governance
- Understanding of adult learning needs and working with people living with mental health issues
- Highly developed professional communication (both verbal and written) and a commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong time management skills, the ability to be flexible and agile in a changing/new program environment
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative to seek clarification as required.
How to Apply
Please submit your tailored cover letter and CV through the ‘apply now’ button – applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply as soon as possible.
Beaumont People have been retained to recruit this role on behalf of BEING – Mental Health Consumers Inc - please direct all inquiries directly to Diana Linde at email@example.com, using the subject line: Program Administration Officer - BEING enquiry via EthicalJobs.