- Are you an optimistic leader who can inspire & encourage others?
- Do you truly understand & value people, listen well and with empathy?
- Do you love to communicate with a range of people & are comfortable presenting in a group?
About the role
Based in Jannali, Mildred Symons House is seeking an inspirational and vibrant Lifestyle Coordinator to join their team on a permanent full time basis. As the Lifestyle Coordinator you will lead our experienced team of Lifestyle Carers and coordinate activities that positively contribute to the wellbeing of residents by designing and implementing individualised and integrated leisure and lifestyle programs.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Ensures that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity through providing them with choice to live their daily life in a way that is special and unique to them.
- Facilitates our Rhythm of Life® program, giving residents a choice in how they spend their day from meals to activities, outings and more.
- Ensures collaboration with family of the resident, or other people that are important to the resident, so that an effective person-centred care plan is implemented
- Ensures that all relevant aspects of regulation and compliance for accreditation are met.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Cert IV in Leisure & Health and/or relevant tertiary degree - Diversional Therapy qualification highly regarded.
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing leisure and social events.
- Demonstrated understanding of associated Aged Care accreditation standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine alignment to Anglicare’s Christian values.
Benefits of joining Anglicare:
- Generous salary on offer including Not-For-Profit Salary packaging benefits of $15,900 of your salary tax free and $2500 for meal entertainment and accommodation.
- An opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
- Join an inclusive culture supported with learning and development opportunities
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Who we are:
As a Christian organisation, Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community. We provide a range of services that promote wellbeing for people through Residential Care, Retirement Living and Community Services. We aim to be known for our care, compassion and excellence, recognised as a leading provider of services.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.