- Are you passionate about working with people with complex mental health challenges?
- An exciting casual position (15 hours p/w) with view to increase hours in the future
- Work remotely and enjoy flexible working arrangements | Warm & friendly team culture!
The purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to assist NDIS participants to connect with and maintain NDIS funded services. Work remotely with an option to use the Anglicare Summer Hill Office when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure best possible outcomes for participants are achieved by supporting participants with implementing their NDIS plan and identifying and connecting with appropriate services that enable participants to work towards and achieve their goals. This requires a creative approach whilst complying with policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that choice and control of participants and their safety and welfare drives all actions and decision making by working collaboratively with service providers, carers and other organisations.
- Ensure participants are involved in implementing their NDIS plan as much as possible by facilitating and encouraging participants to increase their capacity to become more independent with managing their plans.
- Ensure a full participant caseload is maintained by working within organisational guidelines.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or studying towards which may include Social Welfare, Mental Health, Social Work.
- Good understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Experience in working with people with complex mental health challenges
- Valid Working with Children’s Check for paid employment purposes
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willingness to obtain ASAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desirable but not essential: Experience in providing support coordination under the NDIS
- Own vehicle and NSW Driver Licence is essential
Working at Anglicare may be the best opportunity you will ever have to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.