- Be valued for your extensive Legal Secretary experience
- Work for a leading health organisation, as part of a skilled and enthusiastic team
- Flexible work hours and free parking
- Casual - Daytime hours
About the Company
Brisbane North PHN supports clinicians and communities in Brisbane's northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council. It covers approximately 4,100 km2 of urban, regional and rural areas, with a population of over one million.
Our vision is a community where good health is available for everyone. We work with others to create and deliver the best possible health and community care system for the people of our region.
Our PHN’s goals:
- Be informed and led by community voice
- Re-orient the health system toward care close to home
- Build capacity of providers to meet health needs of our region
The PHN’s values:
- Collaboration: We build strong and enduring relationships to achieve our shared goals.
- Diversity: We are inclusive, fair and responsive to different needs.
- Integrity: We are transparent, respectful and work to the highest standards.
- Courage: We lead new approaches, learn and improve.
- Impact: We deliver outcomes for our community.
About the role
Are you a Legal Secretary with around 10 years’ experience? Are you looking for a role that supports health in the community and is flexible for you? In this role you will provide Team Leader - Contract Management duties, covering Long Service Leave of a staff member from early December until mid-April 2022, casual hours estimated at 15-20h pw. We are looking for an organised and accurate team member that can quickly step into the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, review and ensure the accuracy and quality of all PHN contracts and procurement documents
- Provide procurement, contracting and contract management expertise and support to teams across the PHN including identification and assessment of risk
- Maintain and improve the PHN’s procurement, contracting and contract management systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet best practice standards
- Advise and support teams to implement consistent procurement, contracting and contract management processes in line with PHN policies and procedures
- Stay up to date with innovations and contemporary best practice in procurement, contracting and contract management
- Lead and mentor the Contracts and Quality Administrator
- Supervise the workload and deadlines for contract administration
Skills and Experience
- A degree in business, commerce or law.
- Proven expertise in contract law, drafting and reviewing contracts, with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of contract management systems
- Experience of modern procurement approaches in a service-related industry
- Superior analytical, risk assessment, communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated skill and experience building strong partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a diverse team.
Brisbane North PHN offers the successful candidate the chance to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. You'll enjoy working with our supportive staff and the learning opportunities provided from the exposure to a range of diverse projects.
- Free undercover parking
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please -
- Review the full position description attached below
- Direct any queries about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Legal Secretary enquiry via EthicalJobs.
- Click the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with lived experience of mental illness and people with disabilities.