- Part time, ongoing role
- 20-25 hours per week, flexible hours
- $42.94/hour + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- Canberra CBD
The Finance Administrator works under the general supervision of the Operations/HR Manager within the Operations Team and is responsible for the effective administration of Care’s finances, including:
- Managing and maintaining systems for budgetary control,
- Producing reports for management, the Board, and stakeholders on a regular basis and as required,
- Implementing the bookkeeping of the organisation,
- Forecasting, and
- Partnering with the auditor for the annual audit.
The Finance Administrator will be committed to championing accountable and transparent financial management, with a view to consistently improving policies and processes to ensure best practice.
Care has been supporting the Canberra community since 1983 and we believe in financial fairness for all. We are a community organisation that provides free and confidential support to people living on low to moderate incomes. Our main programs include:
- Financial Counselling
- Consumer Law
- Community Loans,
- Community Education.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills/experience
- Experience in managing organisational finances and book-keeping to comply with audit standards
- Highly skilled and experienced in using modern accounting systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a corporate team
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Accounting qualifications
- Experience with annual finance audits
- Experience with government funding/grants
- Experience in the community sector
- High level analytical and research skills
For more information about this role please contact the Operations/HR Manager at email@example.com, using the subject line: Finance Administrator enquiry via EthicalJobs.