- Job posted on: 11th May 2021
- Applications close:
Carers WA is the peak body representing the needs and interests of carers in Western Australia and is part of a national network of Carers Associations providing a range of support services, supporting carers across Western Australia. Carers provide unpaid care and support to family members and friends who have disability, mental illness, a chronic condition, terminal illness, an alcohol, or other drug issue or who are frail aged.
The Carers WA team of accredited Carer Support Counsellors provide counselling services as part of Carer Gateway in line with the Carers Recognition Act 2010. Counselling is safe, collaborative, and confidential* aimed at promoting carer and family mental health and wellbeing, enhancing self-understanding, and resolving identified concerns. Carers are active participants in the counselling process at every stage. Counselling is offered to carers through several mediums including telephone, zoom and face-to-face. The team also participate in supporting other Carers WA programs and services including community engagement to promote counselling services.
*Confidentiality is limited when there are risks to the safety of the carer and / or others.
1. Must have a minimum of 3 years of counselling experience in Australia
OR Have 18 months counselling experience in Australia, including in an intern or volunteer role, but must have completed a Mental Health First Aid or suicide prevention course and who have also received training in recognising and responding to child protection and domestic violence risks.
2. Must be eligible for accreditation with a relevant Australian professional Association including ACA, PCFA or AASW. Continuous accreditation is essential for the duration of employment and ongoing membership is at the cost of the applicant.
3. Work from a trauma-informed practice model
4. Confident and competent at providing therapeutic sessions via telephone, web (zoom) and face to face
5. Effectively manage time, calendar and documentation to meet service delivery KPIs
6. Intermediate level of computer competency in Microsoft Suite and database management.
7. Ability to travel within Perth Metro to pre-designated counselling rooms on a rostered basis, and occasionally regionally if required
8. Adhere to the In-Person Counselling Guidelines and Counselling Framework
9. Must have, or are able to get, a current National Police Clearance
Carers WA supports a zero harm workplace culture to all internal and external stakeholders.
Carers WA strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our community. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Carers WA, we encourage you to visit our website.
Carers WA reserve the right to begin the recruitment process and withdraw the position prior to the close date/time. Applications close at midnight on Sunday 6th June 2021.