- Northern Beaches / Central Coast, NSW
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Supportive team environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
The focus of the Case Worker Specialist is support to children and young people in emergency and short term placements establish permanency and other qualitative life outcomes.
This is a Permanent Part-time position, 3 days per week (22.8 hours).
- Support emergency and short term home based placements for children and young people aged 0-17
- Ensure, organise, monitor and review wrap around holistic client supports that meet individual client needs
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the timely provision of court mandated documentation
- Where deemed appropriate by the court, support birth family to facilitate restoration
- Proactively engage in family finding activities and recruitment drives to identify alternative long term permanency pathways when restoration is not possible
- Facilitate birth family contact arrangements in line with court directions
- Monitor and ensure home based carer environments are safe for children and young people, free from harm
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., social work, social science, welfare, psychology, or child development / education related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting children and young people in statutory care, complex child protection and permanency support settings
- Well-developed client relationship building and communication skills
- The ability to draft complex documentation is essential to the role
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children’s Check
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- DCJ experience highly regarded
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "Apply Now"; provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements; complete your work history and education information on the application page; and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please