About the role
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program implements Intensive Therapeutic Care model of service to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect. The ITC House Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating the day to day functions and operations of the house, together with its small team, to provide individualised support to young people in line with the principles of Intensive Therapeutic Care.
This is a Permanent Full-time opportunity, with flexibility to work after hours and at weekends, participating in the 24/7 on-call system (providing phone and/or onsite support as required).
- Supervise the daily operations of the intensive therapeutic care house
- Provide strengths-based solutions focused supervision, support and mentoring to Youth Workers
- Management of house finances and budgets, administration, client records and reporting
- Ensure compliance with incident management, reporting and escalation requirements and that organisational obligations under mandatory reporting, child protection, safeguarding and WHS are met
- Advocate for and support the rights of children and young people
Skills & experience
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma OR
- Relevant Diploma AND Graduate Certificate in either: o Developmental Trauma, or
- Statutory Child Protection, or,
- Client Intervention and Case Management;
- 3 years' direct experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- 2 years' experience leading a small team using contemporary approaches;
- A well-developed understanding of Out of Home Care Services, Intensive Therapeutic Care and child protection;
- Ability to manage crisis situations and make sound decisions under pressure
- A Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check is a requirement of this position.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.