- Classification: Level 5 – Full-time
- Remuneration: $84,866 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
- Type: full-time fixed term parental leave relief contract until 30 June 2022
- REF: ELD1021
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a full-time Lawyer to work in our Family, Domestic Violence and Elder Law Practice (Health Justice Partnership). This role is due to conclude on 30 June 2022 at the end of the current employee’s leave however may be earlier if the employee in the role returns earlier than originally scheduled at which time one (1) months' notice would be provided to the successful applicant.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients in the health justice partnership - Older Persons Advocacy and Legal Service - as well as providing ‘elder abuse red-flag' training and secondary consultations to health professionals.
- Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework to clients of the Older Persons Advocacy and Legal Service
- Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centred service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
- Deliver health service partner training and community education, delivery secondary consultations, engage in networking and maintain referral pathways and partnerships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Demonstrated experience in the area of family law, domestic violence law and elder law (guardianship and administration, powers of attorney, equitable interests, credit and debt laws).
- Admitted or eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- 2 years post admission experience
- Current Unrestricted Practicing Certificate
- Obtain a National Police Certificate (criminal history check)
- Obtain a QLD Working with Children check (blue card)
- Current Drivers License
- Evidence that the applicant has current vaccination against, or is not susceptible to Covid-19, hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), whooping cough (varicella) and chicken pox (pertussis). This is an ongoing obligation, the applicant’s immunisations and immunisation records must be up to date for the duration of the role.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with clients who have complex legal and social issues and provide legal assistance to clients from diverse backgrounds.
A position description is attached.