A CREATE Senior Community Facilitator provides strong and supportive leadership and is responsible for coordinating the Alice Springs team to provide effective systems advocacy, and quality CREATE programs and services to children and young people with a care experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE SENIOR COMMUNITY FACILITATOR:
- To lead the delivery of CREATE programs and activities to children and young people with a care experience.
- To lead event planning and implementation.
- Oversee the collection of evaluations from children and young people about programs and activities.
- Supporting the State Coordinator and leading a small team.
- To provide effective systems advocacy.
- Oversee general administrative functions.
- Effective collect and record date and compile reports.
POSITION CONTEXT AND SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Under the direction of the State Coordinator, the Senior Community Facilitator is responsible for implementing the state/territories Action Plan and developing and supporting a cohesive team focused on delivering quality outcomes to children and young people. This includes the coordination of daily work flow, and supervision of Community Facilitator/s.
Senior Community Facilitators straddle the leadership role of a small team coupled with oversight of direct service provision. Senior Community Facilitators are also responsible for promoting the wellbeing of children and young people through effective advocacy.
The Senior Community Facilitator position also includes building and maintaining strong local networks committed to improving the lives of children and young people in care.
- Degree in human services, child protection, community development, social policy/work, or related field coupled with at least 3 years practical experience. Experience in the out of home care sector is desirable.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Successful Security Check – per state requirements (for example Working with children card / Ochre card)
- Must comply with government and / or health directives in each state jurisdiction, and where so indicated be vaccinated for COVID 19.
You MUST address the below Selection Criteria and forward with your Cover Letter, and CV/Resume to be considered for this role:
- Highly experienced advocacy skills working for marginalised, disadvantaged members of society with a proven ability to affect change. Demonstrated skills in working effectively with children and young people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, facilitate, and promote programs and events for children and young people. Highly developed organisational skills coupled with ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly developed written and interpersonal communication skills coupled with confidence in conflict resolution, and problem solving. Ability to maintain accurate records and highly developed computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated experience or ability to develop and foster positive working relationships within the out of home sector.
- Highly developed skills in building positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, delegate work tasks and prioritise work load to meet deadlines coupled with experience in supervising a small team and ensuring that deliverables are met.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
A position description is attached.
CREATE is committed to the principles of EEO and we encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply for the position. People with a care experience are also encouraged to apply.