Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination, and collaboration.
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases.
- Participate in primary health care service delivery and development.
- Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes.
- Partake in clinical audits.
- Participate in Registrar, Aboriginal Health Worker and medical student supervision, education, and staff development sessions to upgrade skills.
- Contribute to operational system reviews and improvement.
- Utilise the Communicare client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations.
To fulfill this role, you will possess:
- Current registration as a General Practitioner with AHPRA
- Fellow of the RACGP or ACCRM with a minimum 2 years’ experience in General Practice
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a cross-cultural and complex environment.
- Demonstrated high standard of written and computer skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence, and documentations with an understanding of confidentiality.
- A detailed understanding how Medicare works.
For further information, please contact Jenna March on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: General Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com.
A position description is attached.