- Come and join an amazing not-for-profit organisation committed to community safety and well being with a great workplace culture.
- Generous Remuneration and Salary Packaging available, increase your take-home pay!
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Support your team in caring for clients in the community
If you are passionate about working with a dedicated team for an organisation committed to community safety and well being, we would love to hear from you.
We expect a high volume of applications, successful candidates will be interviewed as applications are received, so do not hesitate to apply now.
Doncare is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation that provides services to people who are vulnerable or in crisis in the City of Manningham and surrounding suburbs.
Doncare supports families and individuals of all ages to access opportunities that will assist them in their daily living and enhance family functioning. Doncare provides high-quality services in the areas of Counselling, Emergency Relief, Case Management, Family Violence Services, Family Services, and Social Support for seniors.
About the Role
A key component of this role is the supervision of a team of established volunteer counsellors and counselling students on placement within the Counselling program, through the provision of group and individual supervision, and monitoring their work and professional progress. Reporting to the Lead Counselling Supervisor, the Counselling Supervisor will uphold and enhance practice standards, and participate in the development and revision of policies and practices relevant to the program. Duties of the role include:
- Provision of individual counselling supervision to counsellors, including established volunteer counsellors and students on placement.
- Facilitation of 1- 2 supervision groups
- Participate in a supervisor’s peer supervision meetings held monthly
- Assist with counsellor recruitment processes as required including orientation
- Assist with referrals, assessments, and support of client work as necessary and support intake team
- Provide supervision of students on placement
- Other duties as directed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive clinical experience and demonstrated ability in working with a broad range of clients and a broad range of issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision to established volunteer counselling l staff with a broad range of skills and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively in a team to promote and model collaborative and respectful staff and client relationships.
- Demonstrated high level risk management knowledge and skills.
- Thorough understanding of the drivers of Family Violence and of best practice in supporting victims of Family Violence.
- Advanced skills in group and individual clinical supervision.
- A capacity to articulate frameworks and to develop appropriate interventions.
- An interest in working in a community-based agency, and to influence the emotional well-being of the community.
- High integrity and reliability
Applicants must meet the following job requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling with current registration as a psychologist, Social Worker or Counsellor
- Endorsed as a Supervisor with AHPRA, PACFA, ACA or AAFT would be desirable.
For a detailed position description see the attachment below or on https://doncare.org.au/join-our-staff