The Inclusion Foundation is a for-purpose-organisation that champions the inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Together, we stand proud, we raise our hands in the air, and we to say to society, to business, to governments, to everyone, and to anyone... Count me in!
The Impact21 Employment Program is a one-of- a-kind job readiness program for adults with Down syndrome or intellectual disability. Tailored for those aged 22 and up, the 24-month program is designed to equip students with the tools they need to forge their own unique career pathways.
Through Impact21 students will obtain a custom role in a national company, earning award wage. The program promotes social and civic inclusion, encourages greater independence, and grows students’ work skills.
Reporting directly to the Impact21 Manager, the Lead Digitisation and Schools Program will lead the adaptation of the program for online modules for blended learning for both participants and employers. The role also leads the adaptation of the Impact21 curriculum for people with intellectual disabilities with focus on school leavers aged 16-22. Collaboration across the Impact21 team with the Lead Employment Program and Lead Employer Liaison, as well as education partner and participants for co-design is a critical element of the role.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinate co-design activities as directed by the Impact21 Manager and in consultation with education partner for digitisation of the Impact21 curriculum
- Coordinate the co-design of a Massive Online Learning Course with Impact21, employer partners and program participants
- Develop external relationships with schools and peak bodies
- Contribute to the adaptation and co-design of curriculum to cater for a younger cohort
- Collaborate with teaching staff, Lead Employment Program and Lead Employer Liaison, as well as education partner and participants, to prepare educational materials in physical and digital formats to quality expectations
- Participate in activities such as parent meetings; Inclusion Foundation staff meetings; key-stakeholder meetings; and Impact21 team meetings
- Maintain a safe environment and adhere to OH&S policy and procedures
- Undertaking other duties, which are appropriate to the level of the position, as directed by the Impact21 Manager.
The ideal person for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level or higher in Educational Design, Communications or Education
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum development and design
- Demonstrated experience with online learning systems such as Canva
- Strong organisational abilities, coordination and project management skills
- Highly developed relationship building capabilities and ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in program co-design
- A demonstrated commitment to tailored education and an understanding of intellectual disability and the implications for teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and high level of interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with participants and their support networks, and other staff.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working with Children Check (Employee).
- Experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities with high expectations of achieving independence and sustainable employment goals
- Familiarity with micro credentialling alternatives
Benefits of working with Inclusion Foundation
- We are committed to an inclusive society and value the contribution our employees make to enhancing the lives of the young people we serve
- Relationships are nurtured and a shared vision for quality service, family relationships and independence are encouraged
- Career pathways supported by regular professional development and training within a supportive team environment
- Inclusion Foundation is committed to fostering a healthy work-life balance
- Salary Sacrifice options available
People with disabilities or lived experience of disabilities are encouraged to apply.