The Inclusion Foundation is a for-purpose-charity that champions the inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Together, we stand proud, we raise our hands in the air, and we to say to society, to business, to governments, to everyone, and to anyone... Count me in!
Part of Inclusion Foundation, Impact21 is a unique employer-driven program that leads to meaningful and matched employment for Employers and young adults living with Down syndrome.
Co-designed by large-scale employer partners, the student curriculum builds work-ready graduates with industry relevant skills, confidence, independence, and social connectedness.
Participants learn within an inclusive tertiary environment and on-the-job work experiences in year one, and transition into the workforce as employees in year two with ongoing support and professional development.
Reporting directly to the Lead, Employment and Digitisation Program, the Impact21 Program Support Officer will effectively and efficiently coordinate the day-to-day activities associated with the Impact21 program and projects, including the administration of project schedules, induction of new participants, provide support to Program Leads and provide excellent customer service to families and participants.
In addition, this position is expected to work closely with the Shared Services team, in particular the Admin & NDIS Billing Officer to ensure we provide a consistent level of service to families, participants and volunteers.
This role is part time at 0.8 FTE.
- Coordinate and schedule deliverables for multiple simultaneous projects, mapping timelines and communicating weekly deliverables with team and external partners for timely outcomes
- Manage communication under the direction of the Lead, Employer and Digitisation Program with parents, allied health professionals and participants regarding program participation to ensure they remain engaged and supported.
- Source and coordinate program resources as required and according to budget
- Work with the Admin & NDIS Billing Officer to manage all parts of the induction and onboarding process for new participants ensuring a smooth and welcoming start to the program and clear reporting channels. Coordinate setting of NDIS goals for all participants with Impact21 Facilitation team
- Other duties as directed by Lead Employment and Digitisation Program in accordance with the priorities of Impact21 and consistent with the skills required for the role.
- Work with the Marketing & Fundraising team to promote the Impact21 employment program and increase participant participation levels
- Educational experience coordinating support within a dynamic environment.
- Strong administrative program coordination skills; with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication style to meet people's needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred practice, ability to work with a range of stakeholders in the not for profit/ community services sector, including people with a disability, and their friends and family.
- A high level of computer skills including the Office suite and database use, demonstrating confidence and capability in using systems and technology.
- Clearance of the NDIS Workers Screening Check and Working with Children Check.
- Highly desirable: experience with project management software and administration
- Lived experience or experience working with people who have a disability, NDIS plans and budgets desirable but not essential.
Benefits of working with Inclusion Foundation
- We are committed to an inclusive society and value the contribution our employees make to enhancing the lives of the young people we serve
- Relationships are nurtured and a shared vision for quality service, family relationships and independence are encouraged
- Career pathways supported by regular professional development and training within a supportive team environment
- Inclusion Foundation is committed to fostering a healthy work-life balance
- Salary Sacrifice options available
If you want to join us in enhancing the lives of people with Down syndrome, please submit your cover letter and resume addressing the selection criteria.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
For questions about the position, please contact Sue on 9854 7100 or email email@example.com using the subject line: Program Support Officer - Impact21 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.