- Reports to: General Manager – Operations
- Subordinates: Production Chefs and Kitchen Hands
- Hours: Full time
- Date: TBC
- The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Brisbane kitchen.
- Supervising and planning the production of meals in the kitchen
- Supervising all volunteers (corporate and regular) in the kitchen in a safe and engaging manner
- Rostering and engaging all staff in accordance with regulations and industry standards
- Leading the day-to-day oversight and implementation of the FareShare food safety program in all parts of the operations at all times
- Ensuring that all operational, OH&S and standards are followed by volunteers and kitchen staff
- Management and rostering of the kitchen staff (chefs, supervisors and kitchen hands)
- Ensure that kitchen staff exhibit a high level of appropriate and professional behaviour in all dealings with volunteers (both regular and corporate).
Processes and Production
- Implement the production plan to ensure optimal production
- Ensure that all meals are prepared, cooked, packaged and stored in accordance with the FareShare Food Safety Program
- Improvising recipes to produce high-quality food from rescued ingredients
- Cultivate and nurture strong day-to-day relationships with new and existing supporters
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with FareShare staff & volunteers with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and skillsets (especially corporate and regular volunteers)
- Manage the appropriate numbers and mix of volunteers to ensure the agreed production plans
- Accountable for ensuring strict adherence to the Food Safety Program by staff and volunteers at the premises at all times
- Ensure that all kitchen staff and volunteers act in accordance with the appropriate food handling requirements and in compliance with HACCP standards at all times
- Ensure that all food safety records are kept up to date and in a manner compliant with the Food Safety Program. This covers all aspects of daily operations, including but not limited to cleaning schedules, operational checklists, production records and goods receiving forms.
- Be proactive in promoting and educating all kitchen staff on the Food Safety Program, and creating a culture in the workforce that appreciates the importance of food safety
- Responsible for recording/escalating any non-compliance, and progressing any corrective actions, as required under the Food Safety Program
- In conjunction with any internal or external auditors, oversee all reviews and audits of the Food Safety Program, including identifying any potential enhancements or recommendations for changes
- Ensure that all food safety records are stored safely and appropriately
- Be proactive with upholding FSANZ /local health regulations
- Recording and appropriate storage of all kitchen data including but not limited to production statistics, food safety program templates and labels
Reporting and Managing:
- The position reports to the General Manager – Operations but works closely with the warehouse, Kitchen hands, Volunteer Support Office and volunteers in general
How to apply
This job ad has now expired, and applications are no longer being accepted.