- Play a key role to accelerate the transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Geelong region or within the Barwon South West
- Part time - 0.6 FTE
- $45,000 - $55,000 pro rata + superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term Contract - 30 June 2022 (renewal subject to funding)
- Not-for-profit purpose driven organisation
About the Role
We are seeking a Part-time (0.6 FTE) experienced Administration Officer to support the activities of Geelong Sustainability and its social enterprise, GreenLight. This role will focus on administration support of the 1.) Community Power Hub Program and 2.) Small Business Energy Saver Program.
- The Community Power Hub (CPH) program will accelerate Victoria’s transition to a renewable energy future. Geelong Sustainability is the lead organisation for the Barwon South West Community Power Hub and will work collaboratively with community energy groups and key stakeholders across the region to develop and deliver implementation ready community renewable energy projects across the region. Through the delivery of community-based renewable energy projects, the CPH will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase community support for Renewable Energy. It will also enable local economic benefits to be realised through cost savings for communities and support for local Renewable Energy jobs.
- The Small Business Energy Saver Program (SBESP) supports the expansion of the existing Victorian Energy Upgrades Program by providing additional financial incentives for selected Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) activities in the small business sector. Geelong Sustainability, through their social enterprise Greenlight, is the contracting party who will perform on the ground engagement with 500 targeted eligible small businesses. The aim is to encourage involvement in the program leading to the uptake of eligible VEU activities in the Barwon South West region.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Supporting the Program Manager to deliver contracted projects including the Community Power Hub and Small Business Energy Saver Program.
- Ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective administrative and customer support role to the program team.
- Providing administrative and secretariat support for the organisation of stakeholder meetings, workshops, events and functions to meet program deliverables.
- Providing an efficient word processing service for the program team with regards to accuracy, high quality work, and author satisfaction.
- Preparing administration of correspondence arising from the two programs activities including but not limited to letters, reports, submissions, and actions plans.
- Data entry and bookkeeping to provide accurate accounts with up-to-date financial information
- Support writing and editing content for various purposes eg. media releases, webpages, newsletters and project information, event publicity etc.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders across digital, phone and in-person communications.
- Meet with and report on a regular basis to the Renewable Energy Program Manager.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure content is aligned and approved
- Actively contribute ideas and work collaboratively
- Support Geelong Sustainability’s vision and strategy in all communications
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Renewable Energy Program Manager
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualifications in extensive secretarial, administrative, financial or relevant discipline, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and secretarial duties.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and or bookkeeping.
- Ability to assist with the coordination of events (workshops, meetings, forums, receptions etc) for community and business audiences
- Highly developed organisational and customer service skills, and the ability to manage a range of tasks simultaneously.
- High level of digital literacy including MS Office, PowerPoint, Social Media, Data Management and Content Management systems, and bulk email distribution applications like MailerLite
- Demonstrated experience working independently at the direction of management, delivering work to the required standard and timeframes and showing initiative and a proactive approach to task prioritisation, execution and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (written, digital and verbal) for engaging with clients, stakeholders and program staff.
- Ability to deal with pressure and work to demanding deadlines, including juggling multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships, working collaboratively and inclusively with a range of stakeholders at varying levels including individuals, teams and public and private sector organisations
- Efficient skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other appropriate computer software
- Highly developed organisational and customer service skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of sustainability
- Willingness to work and attend meetings outside of normal office hours
- A current Victorian driver’s licence and the use of a car
- Eligibility to work in Australia
To talk further about the position, please call Dan Cowdell, 0428 944 929.