OVERVIEW OF ORGANISATION
The Global EverGreening Alliance (The Alliance) is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification programs in low to middle-income countries around the world.
The organisation was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale.
Its members include CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, Conservation International, World Vision,The Nature Conservancy, the World Resources Institute and The World Agroforestry Centre.
The Alliance implements land restoration and poverty alleviation programs through its member organisations and implementing partners. With expanding programming opportunities, the the Alliance is looking for a passionate and talented individual to manage its Implementation Team. We are searching for a highly motivated professional with experience in team and project management in the international land restoration space. The role will be responsible for overseeing the coordination of international programs, while building and maintaining strong relationships with implementing partners and ensuring funder and ACFID compliance.
The Implementation Manager will lead the development of implementation policies, systems and processes, and work closely with other teams such as the Grants & Partnerships Team and the Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (RMEL) teams.
Salary: $90,000 – 105,000 plus 10% superannuation and, dependent on experience.
We offer further benefits such as flexible working hours and working from home, salary packaging (which means in effect part of your pay is paid tax free, giving you more money in your take home pay), as well as free access to services such as our Employee Assistance Program.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Managing a small but growing team
- Overseeing the implementation of holistic programs that address poverty and climate change through focus on land restoration and regreening.
- Overseeing Alliance program coordination and meeting of compliance, funder and accreditation requirements.
- Upholding best practice development standards and continuously growing the team to excel in professionalism, standards, and quality.
- Working with numerous and varied implementing partners across the globe.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Leading Implementation Accountability
- Ensuring on-time and smooth implementation of programming across the Alliance’s portfolio through oversight of the various implementing partners
- Timely review and feedback on progress and financial reporting from in-country implementing partners.
- Ensuring funder compliance and reporting
- Addressing implementation challenges promptly and comprehensively
- Reviewing documentation including contracts for feasibility of compliance and delivery, alignment with GEA values and mission, upholding of development standards, quality, compliance with GEA policy and ACFID requirements.
- Collaborating and assisting in program design
- Driving implementation risk management strategies,
- Setting budgets and overseeing partner financial capacity and management.
- Representing the Alliance as required, including by attending functions, events and meetings.
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Monitoring performance and conduct annual performance reviews of Program Implementation team members, and supporting structured professional development
- Establishing, strengthening, and/or managing relationships with relevant stakeholders and networks.
- Enhancing the Alliance’s value add by leveraging the strengths of Alliance members and non-member partners and by promoting collaboration.
- Building and maintaining relationships with funders
PROGRAM QUALITY ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ensuring that the Alliance meets ‘best practice development’ standards, and is continually growing its capacity to implement high quality programming and deepen its impact.
- Ensuring that Alliance program implementation meets Alliance standards of quality, best practice development, ACFID Code of Conduct obligations, and Funder requirements.
- Contributing to the development of processes, procedures, policies and systems required for same, leading the development of these in respect of implementation.
- Ensuring adequate resourcing and capacity of the implementation team to support organisational growth strategy
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- At least 6 years’ project management experience in international development programming and supporting implementing partners.
- Experience in managing small teams.
- Experience managing budgets and monitoring partner financial management and capacity.
- Experience in building systems and developing practices and policies in line with strategic plans / frameworks / visions.
- Clear personal approach to partnership management, supported by strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to remain flexible and motivated in a highly dynamic working landscape.
- Ability to apply technical skills in one or more thematic areas - carbon project design and implementation, land restoration, agroforestry, climate change mitigation and adaptation, gender, disability inclusion etc.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection, safeguarding and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to provide a recent Australian Police Record Check and either provide or successfully apply for a Working with Children Check card.