The Tjiwarl Claimants are the native title holders (determined in May 2017) over approximately 13,000 square kilometres of land in the Northern Goldfields region of WA.
Tjiwarl (Aboriginal Corporation) was established to hold on trust the native title rights and interests of the Tjiwarl native title holders. The corporation is responsible for delivering core governance and operational activities, fulfils obligations under land use agreements, implements programs for the betterment of Tjiwarl native title holders, protects and preserves land and heritage for the Tjiwarl community.
The primary objective of this position is to:
- Undertake general phone and administrative tasks for the Corporation as directed by the line manager.
- Ensure the smooth running of meetings through the well organised coordination of meeting administration and logistics. This role is pivotal in building excellent working relationships with Tjiwarl Native Title Holders and supporting their attendance at meetings to ensure that the organisation’s operational and governance needs are fulfilled.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a primary person to answer phones, meet and be a good host to visitors
- Establish and maintain registers detailing the names, contact and payment details of Tjiwarl representatives sitting on various committees and sub-committees.
- Arrangement of meeting representative’s attendance at numerous meetings, ensuring the correct delegates are in attendance.
- Mobilisation arrangements for TJIWARL staff and meeting representatives, including meal, accommodation and travel allowances, reimbursements, booking flights, car hire and facilitate payment of invoices.
- Coordination of information to enable timely and efficient payment of sitting fees and allowances for various meeting representatives for several committee’s and working groups.
- Arranging logistics for numerous meetings i.e., venue hire, catering, attendance, technical services (as required), event management, etc.
- Support the Heritage Officer and Ranger Coordinator/Lead Ranger with making phone calls to connect with heritage survey and ranger trip participants for the effective communication of trip detail and confirmation of required travel bookings and payments.
- Support the Heritage Officer and Ranger Coordinator/Lead Ranger with required logistical bookings.
- Support the cultural awareness workshops with required logistic arrangements, and where required contacting Cultural Awareness Trainers to confirm bookings and arrangements.
- Support the logistics for TJIWARL meetings, including the AGM, consultation workshops, end of year functions, planning days, etc.; and
- Be available for periodic travel to the Goldfields region to attend meetings and events, as required.
- Ensure facilities are kept at a high level of presentation including boardrooms, kitchens and other public areas. Set up rooms before meetings.
- Contribute to the TJIWARL General Calendar to ensure it is up to date with relevant meetings.
- Any other duties as directed by the line manager or executive team.
- Supporting general administrative duties across the office as directed by the line manager.
- Office administration and travel coordination experience.
- Ability to use administration systems to coordinate meeting logistics.
- Ability to use initiative and communicate effectively with Tjiwarl Native Title Holders and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a busy context with a range of competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with Aboriginal organisations and people.
- Technology skills –e.g. excel, word, phone systems, MS Teams
Are you passionate about your work, willing to work to a high quality and in a demanding environment? If you have these competencies and can work in good unison with a small team then we would love to hear from you.
Salary & Benefits
Initially offered a contract to 30 June 2022 with high possibility of extension.
A competitive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience. The role is based in Kewdale.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.