- Candidates may be located anywhere in Australia.
- Experience in content development process
- Ensure brand consistency and promote research findings with global stakeholders
- Create vibrant digital media content to amplify across multiple channels
Join our growing communications team working to accelerate the energy transition.
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking an experienced and passionate Digital Content Producer to develop creative ways of communicating research findings to key stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region including South Asia, Australia and Africa. The Digital Content Producer will work primarily with our dynamic, Australia-based communications team and collaboratively with the Digital Communications Specialist Manager in the U.S. This position is a remote work-based role. Candidates may be located anywhere in Australia.
IEEFA is an NGO/nonprofit think tank that produces a significant volume of original independent public interest research and analysis on issues related to finance and energy markets, trends and policies. Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA has staff located across the globe with a significant portion in the greater Asia Pacific region.
As Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for developing and improving the quality, frequency, and vibrancy of digital content to amplify and build upon our cross-platform presence in various regions, extending the reach of both our analysts and the key messages from their research. You will create digital content designed to engage users and develop an interactive relationship between existing and new audiences, our analysts and our organisation. The role includes monitoring and measuring our online user analytics and identifying and reporting on trends to internal stakeholders with recommendations on potential opportunities or risks for the purpose of developing a more effective online presence.
You must possess a commitment to IEEFA’s mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable, and profitable energy economy. IEEFA produces a significant volume of original written research, as well as ongoing analysis and reports on issues affecting energy industries. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our public domain website: www.ieefa.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research current trends, technologies and audience preferences across the South Asia and Asia Pacific region including Australia and Africa.
- Produce short films, webinars, podcasts, graphics, interactive mapping, charts and infographics, for websites, social media, and other online channels, in collaboration with our communications team and research analysts.
- Develop and promote digital media content which amplifies our research and brand, and engage with strategic partners and influencers in the development and distribution of content.
- Ensure a consistent look, feel, and tone for digital content.
- Provide daily copy and digital content for, and ongoing monitoring of IEEFA Asia Pacific’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction between external users and IEEFA analysts.
- Develop monthly reports on emerging trends and audience engagement with IEEFA’s content.
- Analyse the long-term needs of IEEFA Asia Pacific’s digital content strategy and offer quarterly reports that outline any necessary changes to the plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a digital content producer or similar role AND / OR relevant tertiary education in journalism, communications, public relations, media relations or related field
- Strong video and audio recording, editing and production skills.
- Proficiency with design and publishing tools including Canva, Typito, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, among others.
- Exceptional writing skills with a flair for summarising long, complex stories into engaging and concise copy suitable for online audiences.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media platforms including advertising practices.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with target stakeholders.
- Sound political judgment with skills in crisis management.
- You have a strong interest in current affairs in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in the energy and finance sectors and the impact of climate change on these and other sectors.
- You can design and deliver creative, engaging content that meets organisational expectations and target audience needs (text, image, audio, and video).
- You can carry out audience research and are skilled at extracting, interpreting, and clearly presenting digital analytics.
- You are team-oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You are highly self-motivated and driven, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- You have a commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
Term and Schedule
Full time initial 12 month contract with the option of extension by mutual agreement. Remuneration is AUD$60 - 80,000 based on experience.
Some travel may be required (when it becomes possible).
Click on "Apply for this Job" and submit your resume and a cover letter detailing 5 samples of digital content from your portfolio.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
IEEFA promotes a diverse, inclusive work culture and people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply immediately.