- Inclusion Australia are looking for a person with an intellectual disability to work on a project about rights in disability services.
Where will you work?
- You will work in an office in Darwin. Sometimes you might need to work from home.
- You may need to travel in the Northern Territory and to other states
- Two days a week
- One of these days is Wednesday
- You may need to work more hours sometimes during the project
How long for?
- January 2022 – January 2023
- Permanent Part Time
- SCHADS Award Level 3 Pay point 1
- $32.54 an hour
- You will need to have a police check and other relevant checks.
- You will need to be fully vaccinated
- You will need to show proof of your vaccination before you can start in the job.
Who are we?
- Inclusion Australia is the national voice for people with an intellectual disability in Australia.
- We help organisations around Australia to work together.
- We give advice to the government.
- We run projects to help people with an intellectual disability and their families.
What is the project?
- The project is called Your Rights, Your Service National Rollout
- The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission has given Inclusion Australia money to do a project
- It is about making sure people with an intellectual disability know their rights when they use services
What will Your Service, You Rights do?
- Make information for people with an intellectual disability and services
- Run workshops
About the job
- You will make information for people with an intellectual disability and services
- You will go to meetings about the project online and in person
- You will co-facilitate training and workshops for people with an intellectual disability
- You will work with another staff member at Inclusion Australia.
What you must be able to do
- Travel to the office independently or with support
- Basic reading and writing skills, (or use assistive technology to read and write)
- Good communication skills
- Work as part of a team
How to apply for the job
- This job is for a person with intellectual disability.
- We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ+ and people from diverse cultural backgrounds to apply.
- Click Apply Now and follow the instructions or call 1300 312 343 or email email@example.com using the subject line: Project Officer and Facilitator – Your Service, Your Rights enquiry via EthicalJobs for more information.
A position description is attached.