What Interchange does:
At Interchange, we create local communities for the Western Australian with disabilities that we support to belong. We are all peas from the same pod. Everyone Belongs.
Why Interchange is a great place to work:
We work with people that share our values. Interchangers can expect to be respected, empowered, belong, and your individualism valued. We empower you to self-organise, be flexible and manage your work and life commitments. Our awesome staff bring passion and commitment to their vital roles. No two days are ever the same, supporting people can at times be challenging, but it is always rewarding.
Our customer that you will support - Adele
- Adele, is living in her own home in Marangaroo
- It is Adele’s choice to have a Female Support Worker
- Adele requires an Auslan trained support worker who can offer a person centered approach.
- Adele’s goals are to build independence and confidence in her home and community
- Adele would also like to be supported with things like daily living, personal care and hygiene, medication administration, positive behaviour support and participation in the community
- As a current Customer, Adele has a support term, she wants to expand that and so hours are flexible and may involve weekdays, weekends and evenings
To join the Interchange Team, you need to have:
- Auslan trained and fluent
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Interchange.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Follow the duties and tasks of a designated support plan.
- Possess a reliable roadworthy vehicle and a WA ‘C’ class drivers license and be willing to use it for work-related activities reimbursable under the Modern Award.
- Possess a ‘smart’ mobile phone and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
In return, you will receive:
Along with providing a supportive, flexible, and encouraging work environment we offer:
- Satisfaction of working with an organisation that provides high quality disability services to make a difference to people we support
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment
- Employee referral incentives
- iThink you are awesome, a company-wide recognition program
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
If you wish to seek a more accessible way of making an application, reach out to email@example.com otherwise, please click ‘apply’ and follow the steps. More information can be sought, given this is a customer specific requirement.