Interchange Health Co-op is a not-for-profit charity based in Tuggeranong. The practice provides top-quality affordable healthcare to a large number of vulnerable patients, and has special interests in Drug and Alcohol, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, Mental Health and LGBTQIA* Health.
Interchange Health Co-ops aim is to provide non-judgemental healthcare.
Information about the Co-op and our model of care can be found on our website www.ihco.net.au
- Employment Type: Permanent Part Time 24 – 30 hours per week.
- Position Classification: Health Professional Level 3
- Remuneration: $37.00- $43.00 per hour.
We are looking to expand our team by hiring a compassionate and motivated social worker. Our clients are affected by issues such as domestic violence, mental health, and substance abuse.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Complex case Management
- Connecting clients to beneficial services
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Providing crisis intervention.
You will be joining a team of dedicated General Practitioners, Nursing, Allied health and Administration staff
To be successful in this position, it is expected that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Good organisational skills with a high degree of drive, a passion for working with the disadvantaged.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet patient’s needs
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to critically reflect on and develop practice skills and framework.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Relevant Degree In social work qualifications and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working professionally in social work is preferred
- Comfortable working with vulnerable clients.
- Experience working in the Alcohol and Drug sector is highly desirable.
- Must have full registration with AHPRA or Mental Health Accredited with AASW
- A Valid Australian Drivers license.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Reference checks