We are seeking to appoint an innovative, motivated person to fill the position of Community Development Worker. Primary responsibilities include identifying local needs & aspirations; planning, implementing & evaluating programs; & working in diverse partnerships & networks.
The role includes coordinating the healthy ageing hub pilot, organising healthy ageing sessions, attracting members of the local Logan community over 50 years of age in the areas surrounding Springwood.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the operations of Logan East Community Neighbourhood Centre.
- Engage in community development work with a range of local communities. This includes regular engagement with community leaders and community members of Logan and Springwood to identify specific needs and aspirations and develop realistic and achievable strategies to address their needs.
- Engage and build trusting relationships with community members and communities’ engaging with a range of diverse communities and age groups.
- Undertake group facilitation, workshop planning and development, and community education processes.
- Provide logistical and coordination support to a range of groups who meet at the centre.
- Develop community events and projects with the most vulnerable members of the Logan and Springwood community
- Represent LECNA in a range of community networks
- Work with the family support worker to identify needs and develop community programs and projects engaging vulnerable clients who access the centre, including people experiencing family and domestic violence, homelessness, mental health needs and disabilities.
- Take responsibility for effective and engaging delivery of the Healthy Ageing Hubs project.
- Build relationships with a range of service providers and community organisations and link communities and community members to appropriate services.
- Plan, develop and organise community-based events.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative, respectful and productive working relationships with new and emerging communities and existing refugee communities, aged care networks, Indigenous community members and organisations, schools and a range of community groups.
- Actively provide support to cultural and place-based communities for needs assessment, planning, and project development processes.
- Participate in planning, monitoring and evaluation in relation to the work of LECNA.
- Build productive working relationships with a range of community sector, faith based, and service organisations.
- Write reports in a timely fashion and as per funding agreements.
- Develop project ideas with community groups and successfully apply for grants and funding.
- Develop and distribute monthly progress reports for the Executive Manager and assist with evaluation requirements
- Participate in other activities, programs and projects including the coordination of professional development programs.
Interviews may start before the due date so please submit your applications as soon as possible.
A position description is attached.
If you have any questions please contact Amelia Salmon at Logan East Community Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Community Development Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 07-38084529.