About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This role is reporting to the ICT Infrastructure Lead, the Azure Cloud Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining Azure infrastructure and platforms. This is a permanent full time role, location flexible.
- Influencing architectural decisions, implementing and managing core infrastructure on Azure Cloud platform, developing internal tools and automating as many processes as possible
- Supporting other technical staff in the execution of uplifts across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices
- Contribute to shaping DevOps practices and culture change required for the continuous improvement of the DevOps capability
- Performing hands on automation activities
- Executing activities related to infrastructure, databases, security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, IT operations and metrics
- Maintaining all relevant documentation to ensure changes are reflected in the documentation sets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborating effectively with System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects and Business Analysts
- Contribute to the design, migration, and ongoing maintenance of a public cloud environment.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience working in an Azure cloud engineer/DevOps role in an enterprise environment
- Experience designing and operating Azure cloud infrastructure and services
- Demonstrated experience supporting high availability production systems in Cloud Based IaaS
- Experience with growing DevOps practices and influencing culture change
- Demonstrated experience in automation of the Azure Platform (eg. ARM templates)
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages (eg. PowerShell, Json, Python)
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related discipline
- Certifications within DevOps, Azure and associated fields a definite plus.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Newly created position within a transforming organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Debra Neil at email@example.com using the subject line: Azure Cloud Engineer - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)