- Ongoing Community-based role, working between 8 am to 5 pm
- Work with an innovative and specialist Alcohol & Other Drugs Treatment Organisation
- Access salary packaging
Lives Lived Well is a leading support organisation for people who have problems with alcohol and drugs as well as other addictions such as gambling and associated mental health issues. We provide support services including residential rehabilitation and community counselling in more than 40 locations across Queensland and NSW.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Registered Nurse to join our community-based withdrawal support service in Mackay. This position will play a key role in building our service and connections within the Mackay and Sarina community including the delivery of the withdrawal program for our clients. This is an ongoing full-time position, taking the lead on making genuine and meaningful connections within health and community networks.
Your tasks will include:
- Build and foster positive relationships with GP and health care network
- Coordinate the referral, intake, and assessment process for clients seeking entry into the Withdrawal Support Program
- Lead the formulation of a shared care plan with the treating GP who is managing the client/s medical withdrawal regime
- Undertake work to promote the service and increase referrals to our Withdrawal Service; including building relationships with GPs and other health providers, organising Practice Visits and Addiction Medicine Specialist events
- Monitor the physical and psychological condition of clients who are receiving withdrawal support
- Provide in-service visits at the Sarina Awal Medical Clinic relationship
- Work very closely with our AOD Counsellor Case Managers to provide holistic support to our clients
The hourly rate of pay is $40.84 - $49.44 dependent on experience. We are fortunate that our employees have the opportunity to access $18,540 salary packaging which increases your take-home pay.
As a Registered Nurse, you will possess high-level triage skills in clinical assessment, decision making as well as experience providing nursing interventions. Additionally, you will also possess the following:
- Current registration and qualification as a Registered Nurse (e.g. AHPRA)
- Demonstrated competence in the provision of client-centred nursing care, including experience working with individuals with problematic alcohol and substance use and/or mental health issues
- Contemporary knowledge of the issues relating to drug and alcohol withdrawal, including psychopharmacology
- Excellent stakeholder consultation skills
- Experience in working with general practice and/or primary health care settings
- Proven capacity to work flexibly in the context of a community-based setting and to provide crisis support and referral
- Proven capacity to work as an effective team member and relate positively to a diverse range of clients, colleagues and health professionals
Ready to inspire change with us? Here’s what we have on offer
- Salary packaging – full salary packaging can increase your take-home pay by packaging everyday expenses, as well as meals and entertainment.
- A focus on wellbeing – self-care, support, and a holistic view of health and wellness.
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing capability development.
- We will listen to you. Our people have important insights.
- Opportunity to be part of Lives Lived Well community of practice forums.
Click "Apply Now" to go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page.
For questions or information about the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Registered Nurse - Mackay enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural, and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.