Who Are We?
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health. MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity.
The Senior Project Officer will co-ordinate the national MaGeN – genomics of malignany peripeheral nerve sheath tumours in NF1 study. Duties include submitting ethics and governance, coordinating multi-site establishment of project, local recruitment of patients, liaising with biobanks and scientists, procuring materials and speaking to stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with project PI to plan and implement the project.
- Liaising with multiple sites to help them get appropriate ethics and governance.
- Liaising with biobanks to ensure correct procedures are in place.
- Procuring materials necessary for project.
- Running the project database.
- Helping manage the project budget.
- Leading project management from submission to delivery, under limited supervision.
- Facilitating and leading internal and external meetings/workshops with stakeholders to achieve project outcomes with limited support.
- Liaising and managing stakeholder expectations in relation to project delivery (time/resource/cost implications/risk).
- Independently preparing structure and content for reports as required by the project and research group.
- Contributing to the team/ group and manages competing priorities/deadlines to deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Developing and piloting methods/protocols and leads on decision making.
- Developing the structure and content for reports independently from draft to final stage under supervision.
- Reviewing content, quality assurance and leading critical analysis for reporting.
- Identifying and managing opportunities for translation at the project level.
- Contributing to the supervision Project Assistants/Officers specific to each project as required.
- Presenting at internal and external forums.
- Preparing tender and grant applications under limited supervision.
- Is engaged in the campus culture including professional development activities and attending internal/external campus conferences and seminars.
- Is aware of, and adheres to, MCRI policy on Intellectual Property/Material Transfer Agreements/Contracts/Clinical and Public Health Outcomes.
- Degree/Honours/Masters qualification in allied health or biomedical sciences.
- An appropriate level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation.
- Experience in project management from developing project plans and bringing a project to fruition within budget and within the agreed time frame.
- Experience in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Experience in navigating and negotiating with multiple organisations and professional groups within a project management framework.
- Demonstrates advanced facilitation skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in knowledge sharing, development, mentoring and support of employees and students.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience communicating to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates independent judgement and initiative.
- Ability to liaise with ethics.
- Ability to work with multiple sites.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders.
What's in it for you:
- 12 Month Contract (Maternity Leave Cover/Possible Extension).
- Part Time (17 hours per week).
- Attractive Salary $98,940 per annum (pro rata) + Super (with Salary Packaging,).
- Flexible Working Options also available including for the right candidate, remote hours.
- Ongoing Career Development and Training.
- Paid Parental Leave Scheme.
- Health and Wellbeing Program and an Employee Assistance Program.
Download the position description. Any specific questions not answered in the position description should be directed to Gabriel Dabscheck firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Project Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If you believe you have what we're after please click 'Apply Now' to proceed with your application. In one document only please place your:
- Cover Letter
- Response to Key Selection Criteria
If you experience technical difficulties when submitting your application, please contact email@example.com.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
All applicants please be aware that in line with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Directions, all MCRI and VCGS workers must have received at least their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination by no later than 29 October 2021 and be fully vaccinated by no later than 26 November 2021, unless a medical exception applies. Applicants will be required to provide their Australian Government COVID-19 Digital Immunisation Certificate/s as part of our pre-employment requirements.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with disability.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Check and a Working with Children check is compulsory.
Please note, applications will only be considered when submitted through the MCRI website, via the Apply Now button below.
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.