METEC is a Not for Profit Road Safety Organisation that has been providing Driver education and training to Schools, Government and Corporate clients for over 40 years. With an emphasis on Young Driver Road Safety, our purpose
We have a small and effective team, working across many aspects of the business, our core business being to provide Driver education and training to schools.
This is a great opportunity to join a team, in a role that offers a lot of diversity on a daily basis and for the right candidate, work close to home.
This is a full-time position 8.30am to 4.30pm (Monday-Friday) with an immediate start.
This role is busy and varied, overseeing the accounts as well as administration duties and support to staff and the Manager; The key duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Data Entry of invoices
- Receive calls and direct and relay phone messages as required
- Assist with Learner permit testing (following training)
- General housekeeping duties including ordering supplies and stationery
- Manage and coordinate meetings as required
- Schedule internal and external meetings when required for the Manager and Board of Management
- General word processing, formatting, filing, archiving and administrative/office duties as required
- Ad hoc errands, projects, and tasks as required by the Manager
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- All general bookkeeping duties on Xero platform
The successful candidate must have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communication skills
- An ability to be a collaborative team player who works well with others and independently
- Great organisational, time management skills
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and thoroughness
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, with a good attitude, and ability to learn other software products
- The ability to multitask and work unsupervised, with the ability to prioritise
- Proven experience & knowledge of accounting with extensive Xero experience with a good understanding of book keeping.
- A presentable and polished appearance with a professional demeanour
- An ability to be pro-active and willing to help wherever possible
Salary dependent upon experience. We are not looking for an Accountant, but someone with broad accounts experience and who can jump in and be a team player.
A position description is attached.