“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time positions (0.8 Part time considered)
- Hiring Community Rehabilitation Support Workers (CRSW) and Peer Support Workers (PSW)
- CSD Level 2 from $64,363 - $69,031 p.a (pro rata) + super + salary packaging + employee benefits!
- Location: based at Neami Broadmeadows Office and working across Yarra, Melbourne, Moonee Ponds, Darebin, Hume, Moreland LGA’s
Northern Melbourne PSS is funded by the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NMPHN) as a response to the sectoral service gap for consumers with a psychosocial disability that were not eligible for the NDIS. The Federal government gave funding to PHN’s around the country to create and fund the National Psychosocial Support (NPS) measure to support people that would otherwise fall through the gap as they would not be eligible to receive support through NDIS.
Several funding streams operate under the NPSS team including:
- Psychosocial Support Service: A Commonwealth funded service forming part of National Psychosocial Support Measure which provides consumers recovery-oriented support through coaching and group-based activities.
- Psychosocial Transition Program (Commonwealth): consumers who were previously supported by Partners in Recovery (PIR), Day to Day Living (D2DL) and Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHAMS) who have not yet tested eligibility for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) who require support with transition from defunded services.
- Continuity of Support (Commonwealth): consumers who were previously supported by PIR, D2DL and PHaMs who did not meet eligibility for the NDIS and who require ongoing support.
Community Rehabilitation and Support Workers (CRSWs) provide a range of rehabilitative supports to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs. Neami National's work with consumers occurs within their own community of friends, family and neighbourhood. You will work closely with clinical case managers and other community partner organisations in order to deliver the best possible comprehensive service to consumers. You will provide regular 1:1 support to an allocated caseload, facilitate the completion of various assessment tools and develop and implement various recovery focused workshops and groups.
Peer Support Workers (PSW) are integral members of the team and draw on their lived experience of recovery from mental illness, to instil confidence and hope in others about the journey of recovery. You must have a lived experience of your own mental illness and a rich understanding of your own processes of recovery. You must be willing to purposefully use your own story to help staff and consumers further their own understanding of recovery. You will provide regular 1:1 support to an allocated caseload, facilitate the completion of various assessment tools and develop and implement various recovery focused workshops and groups.
- Engage consumers and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Intensive case management support to people
- Referral and linkage to relevant support services
- Secondary Consultation
- Collect, collate and maintain data on consumer contact
What will you bring to the role?
- Lived experience of mental illness and demonstrated experience of recovery (if applying for PSW)
- Experience in working with people with a psychiatric disability and complex presentations
- Experience in working with homelessness
- A clear ability to work within and to develop strong collaborative relationships
- Extensive experience and the ability to engage consumers and carers in a positive manner
- The ability to set and maintain clear professional boundaries
- A commitment to consumers’ rights and to consumers’ active participation in planning their service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- Computer skills
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (or have received one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and have a scheduled appointment to receive their second dose.)
- Candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to Neami National.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- A Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Check will be undertaken prior to commencement
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Drivers licence
- Personal Vehicle available for business use, if required
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off (If Full Time), generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the Community Rehabilitation Support Worker (CRSW) Position Description and Peer Support Worker (PSW) Position Description.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
- Resika KC 0402805933
- Matt Bailey 0437 759 624
Applicants will be recruited on a rolling basis. Don't delay, apply today!
Position Descriptions are also attached below.
No recruitment agencies candidates need apply.
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Applicants who speak the language of/have backgrounds in the cultures of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Farsi will be strongly considered for advertised roles.