- Location: Darwin
- Position number: N54
- Base salary range: PO2-SPO $75,006 - $87,646 pa + entitlements
- Contract term: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
As the largest peak Indigenous organisation in Australia, the Northern Land Council (NLC) provides a family-friendly and flexible team environment with attractive remuneration packages, five weeks annual leave, district allowance, super, salary sacrifice, airfares and other entitlements.
About the role
The Learning on Country (LoC) Project Officer is responsible for managing the development of the LoC Monitoring and Evaluation Framework, designed to evaluate effectiveness and ensure the continuous improvement of the LoC Program.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to maintain productive working relationships with government agencies, NGOs, community organisations and regional stakeholders, and Traditional Owners.
- Demonstrate project, contract and financial management, administrative and time management skills including the development of budgets and acquittal of government funding.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development and implementation of evaluative frameworks, relevant to Indigenous Program delivery.
- Applicants should possess a sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal social and cultural challenges in northern Australia, and the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people and commit to community empowerment, training and development.
- The willingness to travel to and work in remote locations and conduct extended field work is essential, as is possession of a ‘C’ class driver’s license with the ability to drive 4WD vehicles safely.
Contact person: Anna Morgan on 08 8920 5194
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Please click here for a copy of the position description.