- Do you have experience working with people with intellectual disability and with inclusive approaches?
- Do you have experience developing training or health resources?
- Are you passionate about the right to good health care for people with disabilities?
- Full time or part-time position. 12 month contract with possibility of extension.
- Sydney or Northern Rivers NSW location preferred; mix of office & work from home
- Other locations considered for the right candidate.
- Salary packaging available with flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT COUNCIL FOR INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY
CID is a peak body representing the rights and interests of people with intellectual disability in NSW. CID undertakes advocacy, information provision and projects that advance the rights of people with intellectual disability.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are currently advertising two positions for the same project.
This position involves working on a range of project tasks.
The project aims to increase the knowledge, skills and confidence of health professionals when engaging with people with intellectual disability through developing e-learning for health professionals. The project will also create health literacy resources to enhance the capacity of people with intellectual disability to understand and share their health needs with health professionals. All elements of the project are co-designed with people with intellectual disability and in consultation with disability and health professionals.
In line with the Position Description the Inclusion Project Officer will:
- Work with people with intellectual disability to develop co-designed health resources
- Contribute to developing training content for health professionals
- Facilitate workshops and sessions for various participant groups, including co-facilitating training alongside people with intellectual disability
- Undertake community engagement activities across a range of events, locations and networks
- Support the participation of people with intellectual disability in all aspects of the project and more broadly in CID’s work.
- Depending on their skill and experience, the incumbent may also have an opportunity to create e-learning content using a program like Articulate 360.
First Nations people and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact Dr. Liz Evans, Manager Inclusion Projects - Health email@example.com using the subject line: Inclusion Project Officer – Health enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.