- Location – Parkville, VIC 3052 AU
- Salary – $58,707 - $77,025 p.a. pro rata + super + NFP salary packaging
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Pay less tax – NFP Salary Packaging up to $15,900
- Fixed Term contract until June 2023
Your new job
The Online Youth Mental Health Clinician will directly support young people using our Moderated Online Social Therapy (MOST) platform as part of the roll out of MOST within Victorian youth mental health services.
- Maintain weekly contact with MOST users, via messaging, discussions on the online forums, text message or telephone contact and monitor their safety and respond as required.
- Assist MOST users to effectively engage with clinical content and other appropriate features within MOST, such as social networking, and peer and vocational support.
- Welcome families and young people on the under 15’s platform.
- Participate in service development for the MOST service model for over 15’s and under 15’s platform.
- Work collaboratively with other internal and external staff in support of young people, such as peer and vocational workers, and other clinicians.
What you’ll need
Tertiary qualifications in and current registration with one of the following allied health fields:
- Psychologists: Registration with AHPRA and practice endorsement as a Clinical, Forensic or Clinical Neuro Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia (or eligibility to enter a registrar program as a clinical, forensic or clinical neuro psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia where relevant).
- Occupational Therapists: Registration with AHPRA and the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia. An approved degree from a recognised school of Occupational Therapy or other qualifications approved for eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Occupational Therapy (Vic.).
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses: Registration with AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Bachelor degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or equivalent, or, Bachelor degree in Nursing plus a Postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
- Social Workers: An approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- An understanding of youth mental health systems and current youth specific legislation and an ability to apply this knowledge to the Orygen Digital context;
- Experience working in clinical settings within the Victoria youth mental health system;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate a therapeutic alliance via digital means;
- Strong working knowledge of the common mental health issues faced by young people, evidence-based treatments for high prevalence disorders (such as CBT for mood and anxiety disorders) and the literature underpinning such approaches;
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact Gretel O’Loughlin, Clinical Services Manager, Orygen Digital at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Online Youth Mental Health Clinician - VIC enquiry via EthicalJobs for a confidential discussion.
What you’ll get in return
- $58,707 - $77,025 p.a. pro rata + 10% super + NFP salary packaging up to $15,900
- Opportunity to be part of a new and exciting digital youth mental health program
- Outstanding team culture (as demonstrated in our recent cultural engagement surveys)
- Excellent clinical supervision
- Professional development opportunities
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Flexible work to suit your lifestyle and access to policies and tools that support this
- Opportunity to contribute to and participate in the developing of resources and service as the digital space evolves.
Orygen – leading the revolution
Imagine a future with unlimited potential. A future where every young person enjoys optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. At Orygen, this is our life’s work, because we passionately believe it’s what all young people deserve.
Every step of the way, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do. Always.
Through world-leading research that creates change. Through pioneering reform that delivers real-world practical solutions.
At Orygen, that’s the future we’re creating right now. To do it, we have revolution in mind.
Join the revolution
If you’re keen to join Orygen and be part of our team challenging the status quo and reshaping the future for young people, apply now.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.
A position description is attached.