- Salary range $64,476K – $68,9623K +10% Super - Salary dependant on experience
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits (Tax concessions)
- 38hrs per week (Additional negotiated hours taken as Time Off in Lieu)
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave with an additional 17.5% Leave Loading
- Relocation Assistance of up to $1,000 available at contract beginning & end
- Furnished accommodation and utilities provided by PAW at no cost
- 12-month Contract, with potential for renewal under similar arrangements
- Remote Central Australian location based in Yuendumu, NT
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Radio Assistant Coordinator to join our growing radio team. Answerable to the Radio Coordinator, General Manager and Operations Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the running of the Radio Program across several remote Indigenous communities. Please see below position description for a full explanation of the role.
This position isn’t for everyone. You will be living remotely which can be challenging, requiring a resourceful and flexible person to succeed. For the right person this is a rewarding and life changing role. The position will allow you to become a part of a very special community and contribute to its growth, developing an understanding of Warlpiri and other local cultures. The successful candidate will need to understand the political, social, and economic factors affecting Indigenous Australians in remote areas.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and strongly encouraged to apply.
- The role requires considerable travel through Aboriginal Lands rarely visited by outsiders.
- Weekend and evening work will be required at times.
- The position is only open to Australian Citizens, Residents or individuals holding a Working Visa valid until at least 2024.
- The successful candidate will need a current National Police Check and the ability to obtain an OCHRE Card.
- Housing in community is limited so it will be necessary to live in shared accommodation.
- PAW can only provide housing for one person.
- The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19.
- Experience working cross culturally with Indigenous Australians
- Broadcasting and radio production experience
- Expertise in setting up Outside Broadcasts
- Demonstrated high-level skills in recording software.
- Experience delivering training and community engagement.
- Demonstrated capacity for resourcefulness, self-motivation, autonomy, effective problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Manual Driver’s License.
- Be an Australian citizen, resident or hold a valid working visa until at least 2024.
- Knowledge of RCS scheduling software including G Selector and Zetta.
- Technical knowledge of radio broadcasting equipment including broadcast transmitters and IP Codecs
- Experience in writing and acquitting grants.
- Qualifications in Training and Assessment.
- 4WD Experience.
- Experience working with young people.
ASSISTANT RADIO PROGRAM COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Radio Assistant will support the Radio Coordinator in the day to day running of the 8PAW Radio network. The 8PAW radio network services 10 Remote Indigenous Broadcasting Studios across the Tanami Desert and 3 re-transmission sites. This role will include training and engagement of new staff in radio equipment and broadcasting, scheduling and managing RCS automation playout software, updating the music library, producing radio documentaries with radio broadcasters and outside broadcasts.
This is a role with a particular focus on training in radio broadcasting and recording and editing radio documentaries and pre-record shows, with emphasis on increasing engagement amongst women and young people.
The Assistant Radio Program Coordinator will be required to:
- Assist in coordination of the day to day running of 8PAW Radio across a network of remote Indigenous communities across Central Australia in the Northern Territory.
- Recruit and engage new presenters.
- Assist in providing training to staff to enable the broadcasters to prepare and present regular radio broadcasts of their own.
- Manage the Yuendumu base when the Radio Coordinator is in other communities.
- Manage the automation software required so that 24-hour broadcasting is maintained when live broadcasters are not on air – currently RCS (Zetta/GSelector).
- Ensure the radio program is inclusive reaching both female and male participants.
- Produce community service radio announcements and advertising campaigns in language (including translations) as PAW Media & Communications is contracted to do so.
- Grant applications and acquittals.
- Work with the Community Archives officer to ensure all productions are archived.
- Assist the Music and Video Production departments as required.
ABOUT PAW MEDIA:
PAW Media and Communications is a Warlpiri owned and run Not-for-profit Organisation based in Yuendumu, Northern Territory. PAW was originally established as ‘Warlpiri Media Association’ in 1983, but now trades under the name ‘PAW Media and Communications’. The name ‘PAW’ is an acronym that reflects the Pintubi, Anmatjere and Warlpiri language groups that are serviced by the organisation. For over 35 years PAW has been creating TV, films, radio, and music, in language, according to local cultural protocols. In addition to creating local media productions and documenting local culture, PAW provides media training, digital literacy programs and employment opportunities for the people of Yuendumu and surrounding communities.
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Yuendumu has a population of approximately 1000 people, predominantly Warlpiri. The community is the main service delivery centre for Warlpiri Aboriginal Lands, and it provides necessities for residents. Among Yuendumu’s services is a health clinic, two general stores, post office, school, and police station. It is the only community in its region with a public swimming pool.
If you require any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Radio Assistant Coordinator - Yuendumu enquiry via EthicalJobs.
In your application please:
- Provide a pdf statement clearly addressing and highlighting all areas outlined in the Essential and Desirable Criteria.
- *** Please note that applications that do not include a statement that CLEARLY AND SEPARATELY addresses all areas within the Selection Criteria will not be accepted***
- Submit a copy of your CV in pdf format.