- 12-month Fixed Term Opportunity (scope for extension) | Canberra Based
- Not-For-Profit | $110,000 - $130,000 + super | We strongly encourage Aboriginal and/ Torres Strait Islander people to apply
About the organiSation
The Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association Ltd is the national body representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander doctors and medical students. Our purpose is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Indigenous people by increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander medical students and doctors and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system. As a peak organisation, we are represented on over 45 committees nationally and collaborate with a range of key stakeholders and affiliated organisations.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Policy Manager will be an integral part of the AIDA executive management team including the development and review of Indigenous health, medical workforce and associated policies. The Policy Manager will also be required to represent AIDA on national reference groups and working parties and at meetings with Government Departments and other agencies.
As Policy Manager, you will have the responsibility and ability to:
- Provide leadership and management of a small team of policy officers within AIDA.
- Implement processes, procedures and tools that support the delivery of high-quality policy advice.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of key submissions and related policy documents/strategies; including undertaking research and preparation of briefing documents as required.
- Communicate and engage with key stakeholders and undertake negotiations as required on Indigenous policies, programs and projects to enable robust policy outcomes for the advancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ health outcomes.
- Drive AIDA’s policy agenda
- Provide high quality and timely reports, briefs, speeches, papers and presentations.
- Represent AIDA at meetings, conferences, seminars, and to the public.
AIDA is seeking a motivated individual who has:
- A high-level understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, their cultures, health and other issues affecting them.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills; including the ability to present complex and technical information in a simple and concise manner and engage effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level policy development experience at a senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to task, delegate, motivate and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- A contextual understanding and values alignment to AIDA’s business purpose and core values.
- Tertiary qualifications in policy development and/or Bachelor’s in Health or Social Sciences or a related field is desirable.
What we can offer you
- A full time 12-month appointment with possibility for extension
- An attractive salary $110,000 - $130,000 + superannuation
- Generous salary sacrifice options available
- Canberra based
- Opportunities for further education and professional development
- Personal development planning activities
- A supportive learning environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive leave entitlements
- Health and wellbeing programs
How to get more information
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
Lesina Gibbs-Manuatu | Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Executive Manager Policy - Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association enquiry via EthicalJobs
Ph: 0408 027 880