- Location: Location flexible (preference for Brisbane accessible)
- Hours: Full time, with part time also considered. Flexibility in working outside standard office hours will occasionally be required
- Responsible to: QCC Deputy Director
- Term of employment: Twelve month contract, with option to extend
- Remuneration: SCHADS Award Level 4.1 - 5.1 ($77,584 to $88,757.76) plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% holiday leave loading
Queensland Conservation Council is looking for a Digital Coordinator with a campaigner’s heart to help us build our brand, create a vibrant and engaged online community, and amplify the incredible stories of our campaigns, member groups and supporters.
You will come into a growing, vibrant, high-impact organisation, and help unlock our underdeveloped digital potential. In doing so, you’ll be essential to action on climate, expanding national parks, and saving threatened species.
We are looking for a creative, empathetic, detail-oriented digital leader with a proven track record in acquisition and engagement of supporters, as well as the ability to prioritise competing interests. You will drive a strong narrative in our digital work on the importance of taking action to address climate change and protect nature in Queensland.
Working with QCC’s campaigners and organisers, you will develop and execute the organisation’s digital campaigns and collateral across key channels, including web, email, social media and digital advertising. You’ll have the autonomy to implement changes to help us grow and experiment with and scale new processes, tools, techniques and platforms.
Queensland Conservation Council is the state’s peak non-government environment group. Our mission is to protect our natural environment and climate and make Queensland communities more sustainable.
We achieve our goals by advocating to government, engaging with the community and informing through the media. We apply the latest scientific research to develop policies. We monitor progress and rate the performance of governments, their programs, and companies, holding them accountable to their commitments to the environment. Incorporated in 1969, we are a non-profit community organisation with no political affiliations.
We have a membership of almost 60 environment groups throughout Queensland, who we consult and coordinate with. We’re growing, with 11 staff, and an ambitious plan to grow the Environment movement in Queensland.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop digital campaigns and collateral in support of QCC’s work to double national parks, transform Queensland into a renewable superpower, and drive positive change on climate.
- Manage digital outreach and engagement across multiple channels, including website, email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc.
- Maximise the potential of our CRM/CMS (Nationbuilder), and the power it can bring to our campaigns and organising
- Bring innovative new ideas and channels into QCC’s suite of tools, such as integrating relational SMS.
- Build and maintain QCC digital supporters list, and test and scale strategies for supporter growth
- Grow QCC’s social media following and engagement, and ensure digital content is consistent with QCC values and strategic plan
- Coach, hustle and inspire every QCC staff member to become better digital power builders.
- Create a culture of inclusive, safe and powerful digital engagement in a world that needs it.
- Manage all aspects of QCC’s website, and a consistent visual brand for QCC across multiple channels.
- Previous experience in digital communications or marketing, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated creativity in content creation and digital engagement, and ability to test and scale new engagement tactics.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with online and email marketing tools and web-based technologies, including CRMs like Nationbuilder
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills.
- Experience training and coaching staff to become better digital practitioners,
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting our climate and natural environment.
Valued but Non-Essential
- Previous experience in organising, campaigning or fundraising in the not-for-profit sector.
- Ability to demonstrate success managing paid digital growth strategies.
- Previous experience of using data analytics platforms to optimise websites and increase traffic.
- Previous experience of developing and implementing supporter journeys.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva or other similar digital platforms.