- Do you want to build people power for the common good across unusual allies?
- Can you bring people together on our ambitious agenda to change Queensland?
- Do you want to build the civil society institutions that make democracy work?
- Are you passionate about supporting and training others to lead?
Queensland Community Alliance brings together 35 member organisations representing 1.7 million Queenslanders. We organise our members and communities to act for the common good. We are churches, mosques, other faith groups, trade unions, community organisations and ethnic associations.
Community organising is democracy in action: winning victories that change lives, transform communities, develop leadership and strengthen civil society.
We have an ambitious agenda to:
- Create a Queensland with real jobs that are secure and sustainable for the person, their family and our planet. We will change the narrative about both jobs and climate change.
- Build the social infrastructure of the next century that responds to social isolation, migration and community connection.
- Train a generation of thousands of ethnic and cultural community leaders with the capacity to engage powerfully in Queensland's public life.
- Give local people a say in the decisions that affect their lives.
Do you want to build non-partisan people power that makes this possible?
A Position Description is attached below.