Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters more now than ever before.
Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
Wattle Place is a place of understanding, support and hope for people who grew up in care, former state wards and orphans; Forgotten Australians; the Stolen Generations; people impacted by past Forced Adoption Practices and people impacted by the National Redress Scheme.
Our work is not for everyone, please go to www.wattleplace.org.au to learn more and determine if we are the best fit for you. This position is not suitable for new graduates.
What you'll do
As our Counsellor in Wattle Place, you will provide high quality counselling, therapeutic case work, social connection and practical support to our clients. This includes duties such as supported file release, supporting family reunions and completing documents and statements for those accessing the National Redress Scheme. Support is provided in person, over the phone, online and in partnership with other services.
Critical to your success will be your ability to build trust with people who have experienced being let down by services and the system, how you create a safe place for healing without over-promising and your trauma informed counselling approach.
- Based at Harris Park
- Part time permanent position (hours and days are flexible)
- $82-87,000 salary + super + salary packaging (pro-rata depending on number of hours worked)
What you'll bring
As an experienced Counsellor, Case Work or Social Worker you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience providing trauma-informed counselling and therapeutic casework ideally to people impacted by childhood trauma
- Understanding of institutional care and Out-of-Home Care in Australia and the issues/barriers faced by Forgotten Australians and Stolen Generations
- Using structured evidence-informed counselling modalities to respond to the challenges facing our clients
- Experience supporting those impacted by a range of additional vulnerabilities, eg mental health distress, and/or people with disabilities is an advantage
- Trustworthy, compassionate and supportive approach and strong self-care practices
- Impeccable professional boundaries; over-promising our clients will compound their trauma.
Why work with us?
- It is a privilege to work with our clients and share their journey; as a Counsellor in Wattle Place you get to see how people have overcome and live well despite their history
- Strong clinical and supervision framework to deepen our practice excellence
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team.
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional leave days and fitness passport
- We value inclusion and belonging. Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging serves to ensure that we are representative and supportive of the communities in which we support
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples and other Australians
- RANSW encourages all persons from diverse communities to apply for the Counsellor role(s) at Wattle Place
Interested? Click on the Apply Now button. If you would like more information or a position description please email employment @ransw.org.au using the subject line: Counsellors - Wattle Place enquiry via EthicalJobs.