- Employment Type: Full-time (first contract term 3 years)
- Salary Range: Grade 6 ($118,011 - $129,808 + Superannuation)
- Start Date: Negotiable
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
The position of Speech Therapist sits within the School and Family Services Team and will work closely with colleagues as a specialist member of the Inclusive Practices team. The Speech Therapist will provide educational and language assessments for students, as well as support the development and implementation of school-based intervention programs for students with educational and/or language communication needs.
- Administer, deliver, and advise on specialised educational and speech assessments.
- Report on assessment findings and advise on the educational implications and interventions for students to parents/carers and schools.
- Support schools with external assessments including implementing recommendations and interventions in mainstream classrooms.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an integrated team in planning, developing, and implementing service area initiatives.
- Develop and deliver face-to-face and online professional learning to meet the speech, language, communication, and wellbeing learning needs of students.
- Use evidence-based skills to implement individual, school, and system interventions to address issues affecting students’ learning and wellbeing.
- Sound understanding of and ability to articulate the Church’s Mission in Catholic Education.
- Experience in providing speech pathology assessments, consultation, and services in an education environment.
- Proven competency in the administration, interpretation and reporting on a variety of communication, educational and behavioural assessments.
- Knowledge of and willingness to participate in ongoing professional learning, engage in Communication/Speech and Language research and evidence-based practice.
- Ability to organise own work, to work independently and to work effectively with colleagues as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- High levels of interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with parents/carers, teachers and other persons who provide support to students.
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Please click Apply Now and follow the instructions.
For further information about the role and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn please visit the website and position description. If you have any questions contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au using the subject line: Speech Therapist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.