The position of Manager Adult Specialist Support Services is to take up a lead role in the development, coordination and service delivery of four small Programs: Forced Adoption Support Service (FASS), Find & Connect Support Service (FCSS), Intercountry Adoptee Family Support Service (ICAFSS) and Redress Scheme Support Service (RSSS); each holds high social significance within Australian recent history.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or another relevant field.
- Knowledge of the historical context of the Forced Adoption Support Service, the Find & Connect Support Service, Redress Scheme Support Service, and the issues and experiences of people who are eligible for each service.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to trauma informed counselling including knowledge of the impact and effects of childhood trauma on adult functioning.
- Prior knowledge of working with individuals and families where complex trauma is a pressing issue.
- A strong commitment to supporting the development of culturally sensitive and accessible services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and organisations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of people from different cultural backgrounds and to respond sensitively and appropriately to people in a variety of situations.
- Experience coordinating other professionals within programs who directly deliver the support services such as counselling, warm referrals and case management.
- Experience in liaising with external agencies, coordinating programs, and operating within a political environment/framework.
- Proven experience in stakeholder and community engagement, education and development skills.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and commitment to work as a team member within the ethos and values of RA-NT.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Social Worker or Psychologist.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Relocation allowance.
- Excellent support, supervision and additional professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 pa, 10 days leave).
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Generous annual leave.
- Annual wellbeing allowance.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
- NT Drivers Licence
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria in addition to a Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
For further information go to our website nt.relationships.org.au, or to discuss this position further please contact Belinda on 8923 4999.
Please note there is an option to interview as received.