The position available is:
- Monday to Friday
- Level 2 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About headspace & Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au.
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
About the Opportunity
In this dynamic position, the Service and Community Development Officer will develop and support initiatives to encourage community response to the health needs of young people in the region. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Support the implementation and management of a headspace Broken Hill social media and web-based presence
- Create interesting and dynamic community events relevant to Youth Mental Health
- Spearhead marketing campaigns and new initiatives from headspace Broken Hill
- Deliver training sessions on mental health for young people, such as bullying, peer pressure, alcohol and other drug use, and youth culture
- Develop close partnerships with schools and other referrals sources such as youth organisations, sports clubs, and other local agencies
- Work strategically with partner organisations to expand the services headspace Broken Hill can deliver
Contact with young people who are often in crisis is fundamental to this role so it is essential that you have a high level of emotional intelligence and are comfortable working around children and youth.
- Qualifications in Human Services/social sciences or professional qualifications in project management, human resources, and/or community engagement.
- Relevant experience with working in youth health and knowledge of the impact of mental health in the community.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, health promotion, public health behavioural/social sciences, communications, marketing education or youth work.
- Experience in the provision of education and training to groups of service providers, families and young people.
- In depth knowledge of recovery focused practice.
- Excellent computer skills, including website management, social media, Adobe or other publishing software.
- Hold a valid and current driver’s licence.
For further information, please contact Rynnette Gentle, Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Service & Community Development Officer - headspace Broken Hill enquiry via EthicalJobs, (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Attractive hourly rates equivalent to HPSS Level 2 $32.23 - $36.06/hr
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Vehicle mileage allowance
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading and 2 additional days of personal leave
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST