The positions available are:
- Full-time (76h/fortnight)
- Monday to Friday
- Based in Surry Hills at the renowned Buckingham House Centre!
- Classified at Level 3 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Opportunities
As a Mental Health Worker or Peer Worker, you will work in the community to support people accessing our services who have a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams. You will play an important part in assisting people to maintain wellness and realise their goals.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meet their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be ‘hands on’ and involved in direct service delivery.
We value lived experience and believe peer support is a powerful part of the mental health recovery journey. Therefore, our Peer Worker roles are for those willing to use their lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Attractive hourly rates equivalent to SCHCADS Level 3 $32.54-$34.90/hour
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading +2 additional days of personal leave+extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- A relevant degree OR a Relevant Certificate IV or Diploma with 12-months relevant experience OR 2-years full-time experience working in mental health as recognised by Flourish Australia.
- A strong commitment to recovery-based practice in the workplace.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively use, Microsoft Office and knowledge of data information management systems.
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Experience in providing personal training or facilitating group exercise
- Demonstrated skills and experience in facilitating group activities
For further information, please contact James Austin, Manager.E: James.email@example.com using the subject line: Peer Workers & Mental Health Workers - Surry Hills enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications).
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 vaccination Public Health Orders (where applicable).
A position description is attached.