- Dual role with professional variety
- Permanent full time (part time considered)
- Allied health Level 3 Senior role
- Ryde location
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role
A rare opportunity to join the Social Work and Case Management services at Royal Rehab within the Brain Injury Unit. This is a high performance team with a supportive environment for professional development and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of a high quality, evidence-based Social Work clinical service and Rehab Case Management to Clients admitted to the Brain Injury Unit (BIU).
- Counselling to assist clients and their family/carers to deal with the emotional impact of injury, illness and disability.
- Case planning, liaison, advocacy and referral to maximise access to appropriate community services.
- Discharge planning is an essential element of this role.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team colleagues to optimise client care.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Social Work and Case Management services.
- Student supervision, education and teaching.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly social worker and Case Manager who is looking to join a high performing team within the Brain Injury Unit.
You will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers and commitment to the AASW Code of Ethics
- Extensive experience and clinical skills - assessment, counselling, advocacy, referral to community services and discharge planning in a health/rehabilitation setting
- Experience with the NDIS and its implications for discharge planning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a health setting with adults with a physical or cognitive disability
- Demonstrated competence in communication skills – written and verbal, negotiation, conflict resolution
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to participation in supervision and professional development
- Computer skills and demonstrated competency
- Understanding of quality improvement processes and their implementation
- Knowledge of Case Management Standards
- C Class drivers’ licence
What we offer
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now!
For more information on Royal Rehab, visit our website www.royalrehab.com.au
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process*
We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.