About RSPCA Victoria
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are currently searching for an experienced and self-motivated Animal Groomer to join our team in a Part-Time capacity (30 hours per fortnight). This role is responsible for providing a professional and high-quality grooming service, demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, excellent animal handling and proficiency in all aspects of dog grooming in a way that enhances the reputation of RSPCA Victoria within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality professional grooming service to achieve client satisfaction and positive animal welfare outcomes, ensuring all interactions with both external and internal stakeholders are conducted in accordance with the RSPCA Values.
- Provide education, support and guidance to members of the public to influence positive animal welfare outcomes and promote the services of RSPCA Victoria.
- Ensure all necessary administration relating to customer interactions and the management of animals are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with RSPCA Victoria procedures.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment by effectively communicating and working collaboratively with peers across all departments, and consistently behaving in accordance with the RSPCA Victoria values.
- Takes reasonable care for your own safety and that of your peers, whilst contributing to the safe work practices at RSPCA Victoria by knowing and complying with all WHS policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in an animal grooming and customer service role is highly desirable, including basic knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour and safe handling, breed specific clips, scissoring techniques, clipping techniques, washing techniques and nail clipping.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our salon and members of the public.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- The ability to work rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays.
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check
What we can offer you
- Encouraged work-life balance and a broad range of leave entitlements, including annual leave, personal leave, additional leave (6 days per year pro-rata), purchased leave, paid parental leave, study leave and paid family and domestic violence leave
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services, education programs, access our Parents and Carers platform that has a wealth of resources to support working parents and carers
- Generous discount on products and services, including Hill’s pet food, Hush Puppies footwear and RSPCA Victoria retail and vet clinic products and services
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with leading provider, Maxxia
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
How to apply
To learn more about our organisation and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact Jess via email@example.com, using the subject line: Animal Groomer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If this role is of interest to you, submit your application with your cover letter and resume, addressing how you meet the selection criteria.
RSPCA Victoria is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access RSPCA Victoria’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy here.