SA Unions is South Australia’s united trades and labour council, the peak voice for the South Australian union movement. The council collectively represents approximately 160,000 union members in industries right across SA, from hospitality to the public sector, from construction to policing, from nurses and ambulance officers to abattoir workers and teachers.
The Manager – Health and Safety Training has responsibility for developing, oversight and delivering SA Unions Health and Safety Training Program, including our SafeWork SA and Comcare approved courses.
This position will be responsible for the ongoing review and continual improvement of our training program. You will work with stakeholders to market and grow the training program.
Initially, this position will have an opportunity to work with the Secretary to identify and introduce new learning management processes and systems.
This role would suit an experienced training professional with occupational or work health and safety experience. Full position description available on request.
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary industrial, health and safety and equal opportunity legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to union values and integrity.
- Knowledge of Labor Council and ACTU structures and activities.
- Familiarity with union coverage in South Australia.
- Advanced & analytical research skills
- Ability to evaluate websites as well as critically assess research papers.
- Ability to produce high quality plans and reports.
- Communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be inspiring and engaging.
- Adept at listening, questioning, explaining, and giving feedback.
- Organisational skills
- Managing time and competing tasks.
- Problem-solving and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work programs on time and within budget.
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- Be able to empathise with participants and put yourself in their shoes.
- Create a learning environment where participants feel comfortable, supported, and able to embrace experiential learning.
- Accurately read and manage the dynamics of each group.
- Training tools
- Experience using a variety of web based and non-web-based programs & platforms to develop and manage courses and resources.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110 and TAA40104 (or equivalent as this has been superseded by TAE40110).
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in an occupational or work health and safety role, or relevant tertiary or vocational qualifications in a field related to occupational or work health and safety eg: WHS officer, WHS representative, Industrial officer.
- A relevant tertiary or vocational qualification in a field related to occupational or work health and safety (e.g., Certificate IV or Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety).
- Evidence of ongoing professional development relevant to the field of occupational or work health and safety.
Salary and conditions
- Permanent – Full Time.
- Reporting to the Secretary, SA Unions.
- Employment conditions subject to the SA Unions Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary negotiable based on experience within the range of $103,000 - $110,000.
- Flexible working arrangements and attractive leave entitlements including 12 rostered days off per year, Christmas shutdown leave and 4 weeks annual leave.
- Whilst the position is based in the Adelaide CBD, staff have access to remote working options.
To submit your application click Apply Now.